Sandringham & surrounds

cms72

Hi folks,

I'm a midwife considering application to a hospital in Sandringham. The area looks good on paper although a little too pricey for me to live. Just wondering if anybody has any knowledge/experience/comments about the surrounding areas in bayside. And also , any thoughts or advice on secondary schools in this area.

Many thanks

Clare & Melissa :confused:

Sandringham is a desirable area and so are the neighbouring suburbs of Hampton, Black Rock, Beaumaris, Mentone, Parkdale all beach side of the Nepean Highway so prices are high. These suburbs are home to a few private schools

Kilbreda catholic girls

St Bedes catholic boys

Mentone Grammars

Also some good State schools.

If you were to work at the Sandringham hospital you could look at more reasonable areas by looking the other side of the Nepean Highway, Cheltenham is a more affordable area as is Parkdale, Mordialloc, Aspendale.

I have not gone any further as I guess you will want to be reasonably close to your work.

Have a look on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au and this will give you some idea of the areas, also the metlink transport site as this will give you an idea of where the suburbs are situate.

Good luck.

Guest Tinkertailerdog

Hi Clare, we are due to move out to Melbourne on the 25th of March. We have a holiday let booked in Black Rock. I will start work on the 11th of April at Sandringham Emergency department. I worked out there for a year in 2009, it is a great small community hospital with a really nice atmosphere. Try looking at suburbs such as Bentleigh and Mckinnon as they have Mckinnon high school which always scores really well, also nice areas to live.:biggrin::biggrin:

Archived