Getting the in laws over?

mr luvpants

Hi all

As some of you may know, we have been here for 8 weeks now and loving it. My wife Lisa's parents have initially come out with us for 3 months to see if they like it. They have really enjoyed themselves and asking about a cpv. Lisa's only brother died 6 years ago so they fulfil the balance of family test. I have been reading the posts on here and have worked out a plan and would appreciate any advice as to whether I have got the right end of the stick here??? So here goes....

They go home at the end of march. They then apply for the 12 month tourist visa and come back to Australia in august. They could then stay in oz for 11.5 months, fly to new Zealand for a week and then come back in and have another 12 months. Then we apply for the CPV as we would have been here nearly 2 years by then and they would not need to fly back to the uk?

Hope that makes sense and if I am wrong, please correct away!

John

Do her parents meet the criteria of "aged"? Otherwise isn't the CPV an offshore vissa?

Also according to your plan whilst they *might* have been able to get 2 years of tourist visas to stay in Australia what will they do during the visa processing time? Won't they need to go back to the UK then?

Why don't they just do it officially, without the whole beat the system thing, i.e. go home at the end of the current trip, apply at a suitable time and move over when the visa is granted. Maybe I am too purist. :laugh:

Guest guest36187

CPV is an off shore VISA. The CPV is the one with the big payments and the assurance of support.

John, Lisa.....

I know you met Mum and Dad (CazBeckham). I am Jo their daughter and I was their assurance of support and sponsor. The best thing to do is for them to visit you when they can. After you have been settled for the 2 years they can apply for the CPV. I am presuming you have PR?? The CPV taes 18 months approx at the moment.

If I can help dont hesitate to holler! Alan Collett from Go Matilda was Mum and Dads agent. I`d have a chat with him!

Good LUck x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi John

We have been looking at this for my mother at the minute and spoke with Sarah (Go Matilda) for a long while today. We thought of the 676 but the only problem is that it may have a "no further stay" option added (no guarantees either way). What we have thought is the best option is to go for the 804 which is an onshore visa, according to Sarah if we went for this mum could stay in Oz on a bridging visa until the 804 was granted. The only issue we came across was that the Bridging Visa is an A or something which means you need to apply to them for a Bridging B every time you leave the country.

Guest guest36187

Also the 804 is an `aged` parent visa? Do they meet the criteria for this? How old are they?

Family - Visas & Immigration

This is the link for all the parent visas.

The 143 is the contributory parent visa (Permanent)

The 173 is the temp contributory parent visa.

Seriously, talk to an agent and get your options. When Mum and Dad came they were itching to get out here but just sat it out and went through the proper channels. It is a wait but it is well worth waiting for!

Guest guest17301

What are the options if you havent got a big stack of cash? My Mum doesnt want to come out at the moment but in 10 or 20 yrs time I worry about who she will have to look after her if her health fails, best to get visa now before any health probs develop?? I know thats pessimistic but hey, I'm not going back and I couldnt see her on her own and sick

Archived