Older Partner

k8bug79

Hi, I am ever hopeful that my Mum and her family will decide to come out to Oz one day to join us.....think I have a cats chance!!!! But hey. However she is now 50 but she is married to her younger man who is currently 38. As they are about to increase the age and presuming they met all the skills requirements would he be able to be the lead applicant and bring my Mum as partner or do partners need to be below the age limit as well?

Thanks

Hi, I am ever hopeful that my Mum and her family will decide to come out to Oz one day to join us.....think I have a cats chance!!!! But hey. However she is now 50 but she is married to her younger man who is currently 38. As they are about to increase the age and presuming they met all the skills requirements would he be able to be the lead applicant and bring my Mum as partner or do partners need to be below the age limit as well?

Thanks

The age of spouses applying as secondary applicants is not a visa criterion.

The DIAC cannot refuse, on the grounds of age difference, an application from a spouse who is applying as a secondary applicant.

They sometimes find other grounds.

I suggest you consult a registered migration agent.

Thats good to know. thanks. We're a few years off ourselves and then they'd have to visit and like ad decide to come so it may all be pie in the sky. Its good to know it wouldn't be impossible. She has a PHD, although that is recent so not many years work experience and uber healthy so hopefully should the day come they wouldn't find much to refuse her on, I would prob advise them to seek an agent anyway as it's more complicated than the route we're taking. Thanks for your answers

Archived