Nintendo WII

Guest Pez1

Hi all,

My teenage son would like to know if his Nintendo WII will work in OZ. We are taking one TV with a DVD player built in, which his WII works on at the moment. Was going to use this telly just for DVD's and games console, and get another telly when we get there for 'normal' viewing.

Is this the correct thing to do? Or should I flog it here and get a compatible one in OZ?

As far as I can find out everything domestic is 240volt, and I just need to change the plugs, but hey appear to have two and three pins types - is this correct?

Ta

Perry

Hi

My son took his Wii when we went on hol in June and it worked fine on my moms Oz telly.

Whether you take your own telly or not is up to you. We will be taking ours as the kids can use it to watch videos & dvd's on, and we'll buy a new one when we're there for us.

Also most Oz houses have more than one 'living room' so you might need more than one tv.

The oz plugs are 2 or 3 pin, depending on whether there is an earth lead (I think thats the reason) and you can just swap the plugs over when you get there. We are also taking a few '5 gang' extention leads from here and just changing the plugs on them so we can plug all the tv/dvd/skybox/etc into them instead of having to change every plug straight away.

A word of warning though, I think (and I'm not 100% sure) that you have to get a qualified electrician to change plugs in Oz!

Good Luck

Sam

Sam,

Thanks for that, and the 'top tip' about the extension leads.

Off to B&Q now to plunder the electrical section!!

Ta

Perry

You are good, I'm still in bed with my laptop!!:SLEEP:

Bl**dy hell Sam, you've gotta do something about this addiction lol! Morning btw!!!

changing the plugs over by someone qualified to do so, I think its a case of 'strictly speaking' but I'd hazzard a guess most people do it themselves - don't anyone sue me please for saying that! :swoon:

Lyn x

Archived