Is Australia going to put him on first flight back??!!

Guest Sparticus

Guest Sparticus

Hi everyone, my dog left today (by the skin of his teeth). What a disaster!! It's a long story but here goes.

My hubby and I are living in Greece and that is where we had to send our dog from. ( I am from London, hubby is Greek Australian). Unfortunately we do not live on the mainland, we live on a Greek Island and have to catch a ferry ( 1 hour) then 3-4 hour drive to Athens.

I spoke to a lovely lady at Aqis a few weeks ago to ask her some questions re certificate A and B and she said ''Good luck if you are sending him from Greece, we always have problems with them'', so we done our best and made sure everything was perfect and our vet here was fantastic. She's Austrian btw not Greek!

So today we turn up at Athens airport at 10am with all paperwork done apart from certificate B as we had been told by the woman who works in the cargo dept for Thai airlines that they have an Official Government Vet at the airport who fills it in.

The 'lady' who was supposed to fill in cert B was a complete cow and said it was not her job to do it and our vet on the island should have done it, (the Austrian vet who done cert A is also an Official Government Vet).

The 'lady' did not understand that it had to be done at the airport as we had travelled from the island the day before and our vet was not around the corner!! She said it was not her problem and she couldnt do it. we would have to book him to fly another day:arghh:. What a complete cow!! Thick and ignorant not willing to listen or read the paperwork at all. A know it all who knows nothing cos 3 hours and a lot of tears (by me) later, she did stamp and sign it.

Now my problem is, our vet on the Island (the nice Austrian lady) had to fax cert B to the 'cow lady' before 'cow lady' would stamp anything and my nice vet put 15/2/11 on cert B as that is when we done his '4 days prior to travel' checks.

'Cow lady' then stamped everything, signed it and dated it 17/2/11 (the date dog flew).

If this makes sense to anyone (because i've thought about it soooooo much today and the stress and the tears have made my mind fuzzy:wacko:!), do you think this will be a massive problem to Australia when he arrives?

All tests, timeframes, checks are correct. Everything is stamped and signed its just a little mistake on the date but its dated and signed that he was sealed on 17th.

Ooooh God I just don't know what to think. He is supposed to arrive in Australia at 9 pm tomorrow (Local time, 18/2/11) and as its out of hours they said they will call us on monday to tell us how he is and if everything is ok.

I cant wait till then! My nerves are shot! I couldnt bear it if they sent him back as we are leaving for Australia on 23rd.

Can anyone make me feel any better??:notworthy:

Sorry such a long post

:chatterbox:

Hi Sparticus

Please try not to worry too much however that's easier said than done! From what you have written it all looks to be in order. Your vet completes and signs Part A within 96 hours of departure and the Portal Vet (cow lady) at the airport completes and signs Part B just prior to departure.

I have 5 dogs and 2 cats flying out later this year and I don't even want to think how stressed I will be. Best of luck and hope it all goes well.

Guest Sparticus

Wow,5 dogs and 2 cats!! I do not envy you! Good luck lol!

The problem is, it's Greece. The people here will not do anything to try to help you. Everything is difficult and made to be a drama and because of one stupid woman who doesn't know her job, we could have major problems.

I wont be able to sleep at all till monday.:cry:

Guest Sparticus

Also certificate A & B were copies that went with the dog but the Official Government Stamp and signature on them was original, will this be a problem?

Rabies Certificate and Lab reports for Ehrlichia etc were originals. This should be ok shouldn't it?

He arrived on friday and we still haven't heard anything :unsure:

Guest siamsusie
Also certificate A & B were copies that went with the dog but the Official Government Stamp and signature on them was original, will this be a problem?

Rabies Certificate and Lab reports for Ehrlichia etc were originals. This should be ok shouldn't it?

He arrived on friday and we still haven't heard anything :unsure:

:hug: I realise this is a terrible thing for you all to have gone through, this is your precious cargo! Have you done a quick e mail to Kate? She is really the best person with all the expertise to try and sort this out for you. Being on Australian soil will mean he is being taken care of, so dont worry on that score.

Maybe try and have all the information to hand, place of arrival, quarantine kennels etc etc. meanwhile we will keep on bumping up your post.

Love Susie xxxx:hug:

Guest SunshineSmile

Hi there!

Oh I do feel your stress and worry.. I can only imagine your distress at the airport.

We are flying our 3 dogs out next Tuesday to Melbourne, and the paperwork with correct timeframes is bad for the nerves is all I can say :unsure:

However, you got through it (well done) and I do believe all is well with your dog or else you would have heard something from AQUIS.

No news is good news!!! :wink:

Do post up how he is when you get to ring the quarantine station on Monday

:hug:

Hi has your dog arrived here yet ? which part of the country and quarantine , if you pm and give the details ill ring the quarantine station and get info etc pm me the details if you can and ill ring monday morning Perth time and e mail you back .. if thats a help .. you must be so distressed x

Guest Sparticus

oh i cant thank you all enough!

He arrived in Sydney on friday at 9pm local time and we have been calling eastern creek quarantine station non stop but its answerphone all the time.

We will call them on sunday night which will be first thing in the morning in Australia we go to bed early hours of the morning so will catch them first thing it's just the worry untill then.

Do you think they will send him back just because cert A & B are copies? It would seem to me very cruel if they did as he has nothing wrong with him and it would not be fair for him to go through that just because of that stupid woman at the airport.

Thank you all again so much :hug:

Guest Sparticus
Hi has your dog arrived here yet ? which part of the country and quarantine , if you pm and give the details ill ring the quarantine station and get info etc pm me the details if you can and ill ring monday morning Perth time and e mail you back .. if thats a help .. you must be so distressed x

Thank you so much for offering your help,it's so kind of you and I might cry if people are too nice lol!!

We will be calling them from here on sunday night which we be first thing monday morning in Sydney.

It's an awful experience and part of me thinks it would have been less cruel to him if i had just left him here.

Guest SunshineSmile

Just had another thought if it helps.. Our dogs blood results are a print off from an email.. Not originals. However, they are stamped and signed by our vet.

The company who is exporting our dogs for us here in Ireland said "make sure any non-original documents are stamped and signed by your vet, AQUIS will accept this"

I know its not exactly the same scenario, but that popped in my head while ago and I thought it might give you further peace of mind:hug:

I am convinced there is no way they will send back your dog.. you would have received a phonecall by now at any rate, weekend or not.. they cannot just send back an animal without notifying you, plus animal welfare would have a field day on that!

Everything will be just fine, you'll see :hug:

Guest Juke 96

Hi, just been reading through this thread. Bit of a nail-biter although as has been said, I'm sure everything will work out for you all in the end. I hope to be transporting my old lady Boxer (that's my dog - not the wife :D) later this year. We've got it all to come. Keep us updated.

Guest Sparticus
Just had another thought if it helps.. Our dogs blood results are a print off from an email.. Not originals. However, they are stamped and signed by our vet.

The company who is exporting our dogs for us here in Ireland said "make sure any non-original documents are stamped and signed by your vet, AQUIS will accept this"

I know its not exactly the same scenario, but that popped in my head while ago and I thought it might give you further peace of mind:hug:

I am convinced there is no way they will send back your dog.. you would have received a phonecall by now at any rate, weekend or not.. they cannot just send back an animal without notifying you, plus animal welfare would have a field day on that!

Everything will be just fine, you'll see :hug:

That has made me feel better as even though cert A & B are faxed copies, they have original Government stamps and signatures on but I'm such a worrier and am thinking that they wont go through his papers till Monday and then decide to send him back.....But it would be very out of order.

I'll keep my fingers, toes, legs, eyes everything crosssed, and have a few glasses of vino to help me sleep lol!!

Guest Sparticus
Hi, just been reading through this thread. Bit of a nail-biter although as has been said, I'm sure everything will work out for you all in the end. I hope to be transporting my old lady Boxer (that's my dog - not the wife :D) later this year. We've got it all to come. Keep us updated.

Haha, got worried when I saw 'Old lady',:biglaugh: imagine that! Will do definately, this a great forum and I would definately be pulling my hair out by now if I couldn't get advice and help from people on here.

Thank you so much for offering your help,it's so kind of you and I might cry if people are too nice lol!!

We will be calling them from here on sunday night which we be first thing monday morning in Sydney.

It's an awful experience and part of me thinks it would have been less cruel to him if i had just left him here.

Good luck , look i still think even though you have had it ROUGH .. its the best thing ever to bring our furry baby's with us .. i do think its more traumatic for us than them in the worry department !

If you do need someone to ring as well please let me know , i'm more than willing .. by the way what is your dogs name ?:hug:

Guest Sparticus

Just a little update, just recieved an e mail from Eastern Creek saying he has arrived safely and the name of his attendant, no mention so far of paperwork though. We will give them a quick call a bit later on.

It's a relief to know he's ok and I know he will be looked after by them so I'm a lot lot happier, just need to know paperwork is ok.

I'll keep you all posted and Jackboots, THANK YOU! X

Guest siamsusie
Just a little update, just recieved an e mail from Eastern Creek saying he has arrived safely and the name of his attendant, no mention so far of paperwork though. We will give them a quick call a bit later on.

It's a relief to know he's ok and I know he will be looked after by them so I'm a lot lot happier, just need to know paperwork is ok.

What a relief Sparticus. It really has to be one of the most stressful parts of emigrating because it is out of your control.

Delighted ! and looking forward to some pictures after you have arrived :hug:Susie x

Guest SunshineSmile

Oh thank God! :hug:

Guest The Pom Queen

Sorry, I have only just seen your thread Sparticus, I am glad your little one has arrived safe and sound, it must have been a huge worry for you. Don't worry they never send pets back, the worst thing that could happen would be that your little one has to spend longer in quarantine, but I don't think this is going to be a problem at all for you so please don't worry and just concentrate on getting yourselves over here then you can go and give your furry one a huge hug, not just from you but all of us on PIO.

:hug::hug: well pleased for you ... now concentrate on that walkies on the beach :wink: xx

Archived