Pcc from Dubai

Cadas

Hi,

Got caught a bit on the hop.... Posted application last December (6 weeks ago!) and promptly shoved it to the back of my mind thinking we have a year or so to wait.

Just got medical and pcc request!! Not too much of a problem except for Dubai, so far tried Madrid, Uk and France and basically getting told to sod of by embassies. Their only suggestion is to go back to Dubai which is impossible at the moment because of where I am working. Been given until first week of march to provide docs and panicking now!

Any one else managed to get a UAE pcc overseas ?

Guest AustrAnglian

Hi Cadas. The UAE embassy in the UK have information posted on their website about how to apply for a good conduct certificate - see link:

UAE Embassy London

Follow the link to Legalisation (under consular services) on the right hand side and towards the bottom of the next page is a section on Police Clearance Certificates.

There's no U.A.E. Embassy at my location so I tried unsuccessfully emailing and calling their Embassies in London, Australia and South Africa but eventually managed to get a business trip with a stopover in Dubai and I sorted out my PCC in-country. The Police website is on the link below:

Dubai Police

It says you must be a resident to apply in-country but all I needed to do was take a photocopy of my visitor entry stamp to Dubai (from the previous day) and they processed it from there. Note that it takes them a week to issue it so you'll need to stick around unless you still know someone there who can collect it for you. Hope this helps.

HI

When did u leave dubai...? Do u have emirates national id card? if u don't have it, u will have to get your finger print from your present country and to be attested by UAE embassy after then send this to you respective state in UAE with required fee.

Obviously there are option for Non-resident applicant. you will find info in net.

Hi,

Yes I have an emirates id card which in theory means I don't need to provide prints but in Europe the embassies are totally disinterested.

I'm not in a position to go back to Dubai for several months which is far beyond my deadline.

Thanks for the form, that might make life a bit easier.

Archived