just arrived in Port Macquarie

Guest paul the builder

Guest paul the builder

Hello all

just arrived with wife and kids been busy sorting out schools for the kids and the other admin stuff like driving licences, tax file numbers and medicare cards. we are staying in furnished holiday accomadation while waiting for our container from blighty and until we find a 4 bed house to rent while dealing with the indifference of Ausi letting agents. Also been looking for work which is proving more difficult that i thought I'd be grateful for any advise in these matters.

Guest smileykylie

Welcome Paul - spent part of my childhood in Port and my dad still lives there - lovely (used to be little) place!!

You might want to tell people what type of work you are looking for.

Guest paul the builder

Thanks I,m a carpenter by trade but have been running my own building firm in the UK. I've been talking to trades here applying for anything and everything thats advertised locally its a bit of a culture shock going from being in constant demand to nobody knowing you.

Guest smileykylie

Port is very much a word of mouth kind of town unfortunately although there is always lots of development/re development going on. All the best.

Archived