where to apply for visas UK or Germany

catinahat1975

hello

this may sound like a dumb question but any answers would be great.

i am a UK passport holder but living in Germany now. I'm married to a German and our 2 kids have German passports.

i#m looking at gaining AQF III in Landscape Gardener over the next 2 months and then will try for SA sponsorship,That is if i gain everything in time.

my main question is can i apply for visas in the UK still or must it be in The county you are living in? My fear is that i will have to have so many letters translated at high cost.

As i will be the main applicatent holding a UK passport will it be better using a Uk agent?

anybody had a mixed marrige visa application who could give me advice?

all help would be great

thanks george

Guest AustrAnglian

Hi, the visa process is now online, so you will make a virtual application. There is no designated "place" from which you make the visa application. Lodging an application on their online webforms via the internet is the same from everywhere.

We're Brits living in Africa with an agent in Sydney and virtually everything has been done online or via email, so geography doesn't have the same importance it used to. Australia will require all documentations to be in English so anything not in English will require certified translations - that's true regardless of your location. All the best.

Archived