Shipping fishing rods/gear?

Malkitek

Guest guest33730
Hi

Has anyone any experience of shipping fishing rods, flies, life jacket etc? Will i get hassle from AQIS? All gear will be cleaned in U'K but is there anything I can do to make it through smoothly? Many Thanks,

Mal

I got my packers to mark my rods/reels etc as 'sporting equipment' I did clean everything thoroughly as well but I had no issues getting them through.

Daniel

Guest GoldCoastMag

We self packed and ours were cleaned, which we stated on the inventory, we had no problems although most boxes appeared to have been checked.

Hi

Has anyone any experience of shipping fishing rods, flies, life jacket etc? Will i get hassle from AQIS? All gear will be cleaned in U'K but is there anything I can do to make it through smoothly? Many Thanks,

Mal

G'day mate, being a mad keen fisho, where are you heading and what other gear do you have, apart from the fly stuff?

Maybe able to help you with a few species to fish for.:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

G'day mate, being a mad keen fisho, where are you heading and what other gear do you have, apart from the fly stuff?

Maybe able to help you with a few species to fish for.:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi Bobj,

Am hopefully heading to Adelaide in August, all being well. Don't know much about fishing in Oz yet, but looking forward to learning! I usually fish freshwater rivers and lochs for trout and salmon here in Scotland. Have done a lot of sea fishing when I was a youngster and looking forward to getting a boat in Oz? The gear I have at the moment are fly rods and light and heavy spinning rods. Do you know if any trout fishing in SA? Queensland good for fishing, I bet. thanks,

Mal

Hi Bobj,

Am hopefully heading to Adelaide in August, all being well. Don't know much about fishing in Oz yet, but looking forward to learning! I usually fish freshwater rivers and lochs for trout and salmon here in Scotland. Have done a lot of sea fishing when I was a youngster and looking forward to getting a boat in Oz? The gear I have at the moment are fly rods and light and heavy spinning rods. Do you know if any trout fishing in SA? Queensland good for fishing, I bet. thanks,

Mal

Onya mate for replying.icon14.gif

Tyke would be the bloke to chat to; he lives in Adelaide and does a fair bit of snapper fishing offshore. The freshwater scene is poor in Sarf Oz, a few small trout and redfin in the Torrens in the Adelaide Hills district, and the Mighty Murray for yellowbelly and murray cod.

I don't really think you will get much use from the fly gear...

Yes, Queenslanders are spoilt for fishing and places to fish.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest The Joker

Yes Mal, I did the same - got rid of my fresh water gear. Not much use for it down here and a bloody good reason to go out shopping and get some decent gear for local conditions. Offshore - your gear would be way, way too light. You get proper fish that love a good fight down here. I have had wire trace break and lose big 'uns so my gear wouldn't have lasted a few seconds. Oh boy, are you gonna have some fun!!!!

Archived