Guest Littlenick

Guest Littlenick

:o Hello everyone. I've been busy reading all the forums and thought I would say hi and see if there is anyone who has joined the Australian Navy from the UK. My hubby is currently in the Royal Navy but finishes his time at Christmas (Yipeeeee). We would very much love to move to oz with our 2 boys aged 11 and 15 and hubby has been looking at the idea of joining the oz navy. I'm not too keen but would go along with it if it got us out there. Would love to hear from anyone about life married to someone in the oz navy.

Take care Nicky :lol:

Guest Littlenick

:cry: Oh dear nobody can help me :cry: everybody seems so eager to help, never mind we will still be trying to make our way over as soon as hubby comes out of navy. We are looking at going through an agent so any feedback on which ones are best would be very helpful.

Thanks all :lol:

Nicky x

Guest mickroo

Hi Littlenick

I will talk to you but have no idea about joining the OZ Navy but im sure if you talked to a good agent they will point you in the right direction. I used the Visa Bureau very helpful with no commitment you can get lots of info at http://www.visabureau.co.uk

Im sure if other members could help with joining the OZ Navy they would have post something by now.

Regards

Mickroo

Hi Littlenick

Afraid I cant help either with your queries but if there is anything else we can do - just ask

By the way Welcome to the forum

loz

Guest Littlenick

Hi Ioz and Mickroo :o

Thanks for your replies. Thought it was a long shot about anyone joining the Oz Navy but you never know maybe someone may have had some ideas.

I will definately go on the Visa bureau website and have a look around, thanks Mickroo.

I will be a regular visitor to this site so any queries and I will let you all know. Thanks once again.

Take care

Littlenick x

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I found this site tonight and thought I would drop a line to say that my husband is also in the RN and in the process of applying to join the oz navy. He has had the medical, we all had a telephone interview and are now waiting for the offer letter. Still not completely sure if we will accept the offer, scary and exciting stuff !!

If you want any further details about who to contact etc, send reply and I will sort some details out for you

Good luck with it all

Guest stephanielouise981

Hi,

I don't know anything about the Oz navy but hello anyway.

We are going through 4 corners agency. they are expensive but on the whole I would recommend them. It does take some of the pressure off, knowing that someone is working for you (even if you do have to pay them).

Steph xxx

Guest Littlenick

Hi all

Blondie nice to hear from you. You'll be sick of me with all my questions. My hubby is due out Feb 07 we emailed the Oz navy and they requested all his docs which they received on 17 April. We haven't heard anything from them (is this good news or bad!!). That's interesting to hear about the telephone interview. Could I ask was your hubby does in RN (nosey bugger!). If we do get an offer we're still not sure whether to go this route or try on our skills. I don't fancy the months apart like now. It great to find someone in the same situation.

Take care and keep in touch. A big welcome if your new to this site

:D

Nicky

• 3 months later...
Guest jaisagolfer

Nicky

I think I spoke to your husband Robbie on Friday? I have just accepted a job offer from the RAN, never been to Oz, taking wife and 2 girls 11 & 15, stationed in Sydney to start with. I would be interested to hear from anyone you've spoken to about what living in Sydney is really like. We are looking to rent in Pennant Hills on the North Shore.

Regards

Jason

Guest jaisagolfer

Nicky

I think I spoke to your husband Robbie on Friday? I have just accepted a job offer from the RAN, never been to Oz, taking wife and 2 girls 11 & 15, stationed in Sydney to start with. I would be interested to hear from anyone you've spoken to about what living in Sydney is really like. We are looking to rent in Pennant Hills on the North Shore.

Regards

Jason

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Hi Nicky

Welcome to the site. I am sorry but not much use for info on the Navy visa either, but we have just applied for a skilled visa. We are also from Pompey (well Fareham to be exact). What skills were you hoping to get in on? We did not use an agent, but done it ourselves - we hope you can find out some answers soon and things work out. Keep us posted.

Mandie

Guest Littlenick
Nicky

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason

Welcome to pomsinoz. Hubby mentioned about the chat and congratulations on your job offer. I cannot really help about what it is like living and working in Sydney but I'm sure there are lots of people on here willing to give you good advice. Not sure if you've heard of another site British Expats they are very helpful, I have become addicted to these sites since we decided to emigrate. If we can help in any way please let me know and I will do my best. Good luck and hope everything goes well.

Nicky

:o Hello everyone. I've been busy reading all the forums and thought I would say hi and see if there is anyone who has joined the Australian Navy from the UK. My hubby is currently in the Royal Navy but finishes his time at Christmas (Yipeeeee). We would very much love to move to oz with our 2 boys aged 11 and 15 and hubby has been looking at the idea of joining the oz navy. I'm not too keen but would go along with it if it got us out there. Would love to hear from anyone about life married to someone in the oz navy.

Take care Nicky :lol:

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum! We are doing a similar transfer but are going to the Oz Army. We went for interviews in London and were given a letter saying they wanted us. We have now reached the stage where we will be putting our application for visa in this week. The Oz Army do it under the Labour Agreement and pay for all relocation costs and flights etc.

Hope all goes well for you :D

Guest Littlenick
Hi Nicky

Welcome to the site. I am sorry but not much use for info on the Navy visa either, but we have just applied for a skilled visa. We are also from Pompey (well Fareham to be exact). What skills were you hoping to get in on? We did not use an agent, but done it ourselves - we hope you can find out some answers soon and things work out. Keep us posted.

Mandie

Hi Mandie

Thanks for your welcome. We are currently in Hilsea but hope to have some news very soon or I will go crazy. Have you got your visa? Well done on doing it all yourselves, you're braver than I am. What skills are you going out on? Do you know where abouts you want to go in oz? All these questions. I hope all goes well with your visa and move. Keep on posting to let us know.

Nicky

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Hi Nicky, I know what its like when you first get chatting to people who are actually going through same experiences and emotions as you are, it is actually quite overwhelming and makes you realise that you are not actually going out of your mind!!!!.

Our application was received by DIMA in May we are still waiting for a CO but have done everything we need to do so we are just sitting and waiting. My husband is going on a skilled visa as a Toolmaker. Subclass 136 to be exact!!!. We had help from our cousin who emigrated to Oz last year on the same Visa and so we have been very lucky. They are now living in Melbourne where we hope to go aswell.

Sorry, started to write an essay.... Bye for now

Mandie

[/url]

Hey everyone was just going poping in and out of sites and found this one and checked out the sound advice that was been passed, so i said il chance me arm. I'm arriving in sydney towards end of oct for a family wedding but will be staying on when all the rest head home except for 2 budies. looking 4 advice on weather it would be wiser to get an apartment straight away or would there be suitable accomodation else where and also anyone know how much a fella could pick up a car or beter again a camper van for de crack. :?:

Archived