Application, Application, Application.

Guest scott

Well the title says it all ! I have sent application after application to all different jobs around Perth and it just seems like im Unemployable. ...... I worked for Gary Rhodes as a chef and at the Crowne Plaza St James....and im sick to death of being a chef ! So I thought id apply for office work, sales, anything except cooking or hospitality....and not one person will give me a job.

Anyone else having this problem??? :notworthy:

Guest kimdownie

Hi Scott,

Sorry i cant help you with your problem and this may seem like a stupid question,

but have you thought of actually applying as a chef, and changing you job once over there???

means to an end and all that!!

Could be your only way in, and who knows, you might even like cheffing Down Under?:wub:

But I'm sure many potential migrants are pretty flexible so far as what they'll do once out there and confronted with having to find a job. BUT you need the VISA to get you out there in the first place... You might want to check out some of the various threads in the different forums to get a better feel of how easy/difficult it is to find the job for you..Also, it seems to help if you can make some contacts, don't know any Ozzy chefs who could advise you? I'm not sure that employers can offer you a job without a visa of some form (or Sponsorship, etc.) It's not really as easy as some might believe, but it might be worth going in as a chef, if only for the thrill, it would be an Adventure for you, as you are obviously the adventurous type, having worked with The Rhodes...?

Herbster

:radar:

Still awaiting a Case Officer (Hopefully)

Hi Scott,

Like the others have said why not use the skills you have to secure a visa then change jobs once you get to Oz? It may be a stupid question, but do you have any experience in the other jobs you've applied for 'office work' 'sales'....

Ali

Hello thanks for the replys,

I am actually an Australia citerzen born and breed ! I moved to london when I was 13. So applying for a juniour position should be no trouble what so ever! but for me it is ! I really dont want to go back to cheffing as its a crap industry meaning long days and very very busy......not my ideal job ! having worked for gary rhodes has made me realise that this defenatly is not the industry for me ! but still no luck......grrr ! :policeman:

Archived