Where can I get a decent Indian curry?

Guest Drea

HI, thanks for the info, the other half almost sulking as he loves indian food. only been here 3 weeks and loving it here in point cook so icing on the cake would be if the indians in the center would hurry up and open!! think i know what we'll be having for dinner tonight!! thanks again. tess xx

You can't be that proud.... you live in surrey :twitcy:...quote]

I'm on my way back!! Over here on the working visa which is a rite of passage for all Australians!!

We're all going to miss what we've grown up with, you get used to a certain taste being 'normal' and when you taste differently it seems it must be wrong! Am sure there are plenty of Indians in both UK and Aus who are complaining that neither of us do it right! :nah:

Guest earlswood
You can't be that proud.... you live in surrey :twitcy:...quote]

I'm on my way back!! Over here on the working visa which is a rite of passage for all Australians!!

We're all going to miss what we've grown up with, you get used to a certain taste being 'normal' and when you taste differently it seems it must be wrong! Am sure there are plenty of Indians in both UK and Aus who are complaining that neither of us do it right! :nah:

If you get a chance try the curry mile in Brum (google it) pick one of the restaurants that are full of Asians as they go to that particular establishment as it is so authentic….be prepared for most meat dishes being (on the bone) I have travelled India and if you pick the correct one they are spot on the food you get in India.

If you get a chance try the curry mile in Brum (google it) pick one of the restaurants that are full of Asians as they go to that particular establishment as it is so authentic….be prepared for most meat dishes being (on the bone) I have travelled India and if you pick the correct one they are spot on the food you get in India.

You're missing the point it still won't be the same as what I'm used to back home, so therefore in my opinion still won't be 'real' curry!!

Guest earlswood

You're missing the point it still won't be the same as what I'm used to back home, so therefore in my opinion still won't be 'real' curry!!

You have been brought up on curries tailored to the Australian palate which is much sweeter curries than what you get in India or some restaurants in the UK....I see what you mean.

I also live in sanctuary lakes,

Apparently the curry house opposite werribee plaza will cook a curry " English style" if you ask them to, one of my friends went and were very happy with it.

Also a good thai take away is fresh chilli in the shops by airport station and they deliver to sanctuary lakes. we have had numerous take outs from there and very happy.

Take aways seem very expensive though so we don't do it very often

Hope this helps a little.

In the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, in leafy Hawthorn, try:

The Bombay Beat (Chef there formerly from the Hyatt Hotel, New Delhi) at 93 Burwood Road, Hawthorn.

www.bombaybeat.com.au

or Everest at 85 Station Street, Fairfield.

www.everestindian.com

and don't forget

Roti Boti Indian Restaurant

VOTED ONE OF THE BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD

in the beachside suburb of Hampton, at 513 Hampton St.

www.rotiboti.citysearch.com.au

Hope this helps if you can be bothered driving over to the eastern suburbs all you western suburb dwellers!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

I thought I would put my money where my big mouth is.... went and got a takeaway from The Crown in Werribee tonight. I have to say it was ok... not brilliant, but it was edible, and for the first time since I arrived here I actually managed to eat it all. So, thanks for that tip. Next time I fancy a curry I will happily go there. One thing to note is you need to ask for breast of chicken otherwise you will end up with giblets and feet (which is what they normally put in your food here). I also asked for it to be authentic english and it definately had a bit of a kick.

Have to say though..... been to Roti Boti and wasn't impressed. The best indian in the world contest can't have had many applicants that year!

I thought I would put my money where my big mouth is.... went and got a takeaway from The Crown in Werribee tonight. I have to say it was ok... not brilliant, but it was edible, and for the first time since I arrived here I actually managed to eat it all. So, thanks for that tip. Next time I fancy a curry I will happily go there. One thing to note is you need to ask for breast of chicken otherwise you will end up with giblets and feet (which is what they normally put in your food here). I also asked for it to be authentic english and it definately had a bit of a kick.

Have to say though..... been to Roti Boti and wasn't impressed. The best indian in the world contest can't have had many applicants that year!

Thanks for that Buckbuchanan.

I had a chicken korma and it was breast, maybe that's just luck, but I didn;t need to ask for breast in that instance.

If you are looking for hot, try the Biriani, my friend had it there and let's just say needed an awful ot of water !!! :arghh:

Archived