Documents - Certified, witnessed or ?

popper

We have just compiled all our supporting evidence for the partner ship visa but are a little confused about what necessary requirements are needed for each document.

We know some papers that need to be certified and some that have been witnessed (signed) but rather than spending a heap of cash at a solictors wondered if any one could be of any help.

A list below covers all our basic supporting evidence - some showing what we have completed already.

Hopefully somebody can be of help and hopefully this will then be of help for anyone else with this questions... so here we go:

01. My UK passport - Certified by solicitor

02. Partners AUS passports - Certified by solicitor

03. Partners AUS passport showing her UK Visa page - ?

04. My personal statement - signed by me - does this need to be certified or witnessed?

05. Partners personal statement - signed by Partner - does this need to be certified or witnessed?

06. My Police Certificate - Original document to be sent

07. A statement about my past and rehabilitation (C. record from 1997) - signed by me - does this need to be certified or witnessed?

08. Copies of Joint bills - ?

09. Copies of travel documents (boarding passes, hotel invoices etc) - ?

10. Copies of personal phone bills (dating back to first contacts and recent) - ?

11. Copies of Skype communication (during time apart) - ?

12. Stac decs/ passport copies from 2 x AUS citizens (in AUS) - witnessed and certified

13. Stat decs / passport copies from 2 x Aus citizens (in UK) - witnessed - do these need to be certified?

14. Stat decs / passport copies from 2 x UK citizens - witnessed - do these need to be certified?

15. Personal statement from Partner: ref sponsorship obligations 40SP - ?

16. Personal mail to both of us - ?

17. 2 x pages of pictures showing our relationship - ?

18. Copy of my UK birth certificate - certified

19. Copy of partners AUS birth certificate - certified

20. Partners letter from employer and pay slips - ?

21. Proofs of current address (bank bills, driving license etc) - ?

22. Both parties passport pictures (4 x me, 2 x partner) - ?

23. My visa application - ?

24. Partners visa application - ?

25. Receipts for events such as festivals, theatre, etc etc - ?

any help will be massive thanks!

I just thought, have you printed off the Partner Migration booklet, which is 53 pages in total. I have to say, the majority of it explains everything you need to know, but just a few things are a bit unclear and not very well explained which is why i go on PIO for further information.

I think the booklet you need to print is 1127 if you are interested. You will find it on DIAC website.

Archived