WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Well didnt I just know that the medicals wouldnt be straight forward process!!!!

We went to Birmingham for our medicals on 24th May & was told that it all went well & our results should be processed in 12 days so they will call us if theres a problem but email us within 14 days to tell us that they have sent the results to Oz. Well its 14 days tomorrow & typically we havent heard a single thing as that would be too easy wouldnt it!!! Anyway I phoned them this afternoon & asked what the status of our medical results were. I expected them to say they had sent them & that they had forgot to send us an email but she said she couldnt find us on the system!!! what!!! we paid £700 for them!!!

Anyway she said she would look & call me straight back. After 10 mins she called me back & to my relief said she had found them but the results wouldnt be back till wednesday!! I asked why & she reluctently said they wasnt even sent off till a week ago!! we went 2 weeks ago! She said she would send them to Oz next week. I then got very angry when she said this & told her this was not acceptable I demanded to speak to the manager & she told me that she would try her best to push it through & try & send them friday to Oz. She asked me to call her at 10am in the morning, I dont know what this is for as she told me originally that the results wouldnt be back till wednesday! They do not know what they are on about. I have her name & I am going to call at 10am in the morning, in fact I will call everyday if I have to!!!!!!!!!! Its pure incompetence but this isnt NHS its a paid for service!!

This is all we are waiting on & we want to go as soon as we get the visas if all is well. The flights go up in July for the 6 weeks hols too. Sorry for all the exclamation marks but I am fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Hayley

Poor You, hope you get something sorted out asap, no wonder your frustrated, keep us informed of how it goes, good luck :)

Guest NeilEB

Ouch sounds shabby Hayley - I hope it all gets sorted out. Just think, in a few years you wont even remember all this hassle - it'll be like passing your driving test :-)

And I know this wont help you, but if anyone out there wants an idea of why eHealth is so much better, I had my meds on Thursday, and they are already with DIAC - still waiting for our blood tests (which we were told should be ready tomorrow), but my son has already been marked as finalised.

Hoestly, I'm not trying to rub it in, but there may be others weighing up eHealth vs paper...

Guest StuartAnja
What agent are you using? That sounds like very poor advice, or at least very different to my experience.

I'm going without an agent, after using one that basically robbed me blind for doing no work. Anyway, I got SS on the 19th April, lodged on the same day and got my CO on the 16th May. I actually booked my meds before getting a CO, as I had a specific day that I wanted to have the meds done on.

BUT: You really should be getting a CO within a week or two of lodging - so I'm surpried you haven't got a CO yetm which leads to my next question.

Do you know if DIAC have received your 1100 form yet?

Hi Neil.

Sorry, Ive only just seen your message now! We are with Global visa and we have had 4 different agents within that company so far. I am just going to write her an email now asking her about the 1100 form!

Thank you so much for your help. Its a bit depressing reading how everyone is getting on with their case (obviously we are happy for you :biggrin: but we really want to move on now)

We were told before xmas that it was all off according to their new rules and then after 3 months the agency rang and said we could now go again! Its been a bit of a limbo which I know is the case for many people

Thanks again and I will let you know what she says

Anja xx

Guest NeilEB
Hi Neil.

Sorry, Ive only just seen your message now! We are with Global visa and we have had 4 different agents within that company so far. I am just going to write her an email now asking her about the 1100 form!

Thank you so much for your help. Its a bit depressing reading how everyone is getting on with their case (obviously we are happy for you :biggrin: but we really want to move on now)

We were told before xmas that it was all off according to their new rules and then after 3 months the agency rang and said we could now go again! Its been a bit of a limbo which I know is the case for many people

Anja xx

Can I be honest? Don't bother with speaking to the agent, just call DIAC yourself. You'll be on hold for about 20-30 mins, and speak to someone for a couple of minutes, and sort everything out.

Good luck

Guest mdeejacks
Hi Neil.

Anja xx

hello anja,

can i suggest you sign up with SKYPE if you have not done already. i signed up and called australia this morning and was on the phone for about 5 minutes and it cost 12p. it's a 5p connection charge plus 1.4 p per minute. cheap as chips

good luck

jack

Guest NeilEB
hello anja,

can i suggest you sign up with SKYPE if you have not done already. i signed up and called australia this morning and was on the phone for about 5 minutes and it cost 12p. it's a 5p connection charge plus 1.4 p per minute. cheap as chips

good luck

jack

That's exactly what I did :-)

Guest travelsparks
Well didnt I just know that the medicals wouldnt be straight forward process!!!!

We went to Birmingham for our medicals on 24th May & was told that it all went well & our results should be processed in 12 days so they will call us if theres a problem but email us within 14 days to tell us that they have sent the results to Oz. Well its 14 days tomorrow & typically we havent heard a single thing as that would be too easy wouldnt it!!! Anyway I phoned them this afternoon & asked what the status of our medical results were. I expected them to say they had sent them & that they had forgot to send us an email but she said she couldnt find us on the system!!! what!!! we paid £700 for them!!!

Anyway she said she would look & call me straight back. After 10 mins she called me back & to my relief said she had found them but the results wouldnt be back till wednesday!! I asked why & she reluctently said they wasnt even sent off till a week ago!! we went 2 weeks ago! She said she would send them to Oz next week. I then got very angry when she said this & told her this was not acceptable I demanded to speak to the manager & she told me that she would try her best to push it through & try & send them friday to Oz. She asked me to call her at 10am in the morning, I dont know what this is for as she told me originally that the results wouldnt be back till wednesday! They do not know what they are on about. I have her name & I am going to call at 10am in the morning, in fact I will call everyday if I have to!!!!!!!!!! Its pure incompetence but this isnt NHS its a paid for service!!

This is all we are waiting on & we want to go as soon as we get the visas if all is well. The flights go up in July for the 6 weeks hols too. Sorry for all the exclamation marks but I am fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Outragous cant believe this can happen

Guest StuartAnja

Thanks guys! I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning.

Cant believe I log on here and get help this easily and it takes me days to get hold of my agent whom I've paid :biggrin:

Thanks again xx

Guest mdeejacks

Cant believe I log on here and get help this easily and it takes me days to get hold of my agent whom I've paid :biggrin:

Thanks again xx

dont forget skype 1.4 p a minute

cheers

jack

Guest mdeejacks
You wouldn't happen to have the number handy would you???

do you mean the number for skype

Guest StuartAnja

No lol. The DIAC number. I have 1300 364 613 but someone posted it didnt work! Thanks x

Guest mdeejacks
No lol. The DIAC number. I have 1300 364 613 but someone posted it didnt work! Thanks x

just went onto diac website and there are so many options.

the number you need depends on what you want to talk to them about.

sorry for thinking you were a numpty not knowing what skype was.

if you tell mke exactly what you are wanting to talk to them about i mioght be able to help out

cheers

jack

Guest mandi1971

Thanks again xx

I feel for you, we started out with Global and found they werent interested once they had there money from us :mad:

We made a brave decision to pull out at an early stage and go with another agent and its been great,everything straight forward and explained properly.

You,ll find most information on here though so i hope things go more smoothly for you now

Mandi x

Guest StuartAnja
just went onto diac website and there are so many options.

the number you need depends on what you want to talk to them about.

sorry for thinking you were a numpty not knowing what skype was.

if you tell mke exactly what you are wanting to talk to them about i mioght be able to help out

cheers

jack

Hi Jack.

I am ringing them to ask if they have received our form 1100 because we havent been assigned a CO and our agent isnt being very helpful!

Thanks for your help,

Anja

Guest StuartAnja

Thought I would post this number for anyone that rings abroad a lot and to someone who doesn't use Skype (my dad!)

Doesn't work for the DIAC number though!

0844 200 4040 - its 0.5p per minute and its works for all landlines in any country. Simply dial the number and wait for the lady to speak and then the number you wish to ring. I ring Scandinavia a lot and it has saved me a fortune.

Guest mdeejacks
Hi Jack.

I am ringing them to ask if they have received our form 1100 because we havent been assigned a CO and our agent isnt being very helpful!

Thanks for your help,

Anja

sorry i'm struggling a bit as i don't really know what a 1100 form is.

i'm going in on a 176 visa and as yet i have not been asked for this 1100 so sorry

hope you get what you need

chjeers

jack

Guest NeilEB
Thought I would post this number for anyone that rings abroad a lot and to someone who doesn't use Skype (my dad!)

Doesn't work for the DIAC number though!

0844 200 4040 - its 0.5p per minute and its works for all landlines in any country. Simply dial the number and wait for the lady to speak and then the number you wish to ring. I ring Scandinavia a lot and it has saved me a fortune.

Hi Anja,

DIAC number is: +611300364613

Personally I'd stay up till 12:30 and call them when they open - saves time on hold :-)

Guest NeilEB
sorry i'm struggling a bit as i don't really know what a 1100 form is.

i'm going in on a 176 visa and as yet i have not been asked for this 1100 so sorry

hope you get what you need

chjeers

jack

Hi Jack,

Form 1100 is the form that WA send to DIAC to confirm State Sponsorship - you shouldn't need it (it should all happen behind the scenes), but if it never gets to DIAC then you don't get into Cat 2, and therefore you wont get a CO.

Guest StuartAnja
I feel for you, we started out with Global and found they werent interested once they had there money from us :mad:

We made a brave decision to pull out at an early stage and go with another agent and its been great,everything straight forward and explained properly.

You,ll find most information on here though so i hope things go more smoothly for you now

Mandi x

Oh dear!

Hopefully I can get some answers tomorrow. I find if I ring my agent - it goes straight to answer phone, if I ring reception and ask for australia dep - I get cut off, but if I ring the canada section I get transferred to my agent straight away :wink:

Guest StuartAnja
Hi Anja,

DIAC number is: +611300364613

Personally I'd stay up till 12:30 and call them when they open - saves time on hold :-)

Good idea!

I'll do that. Thanks for all your help :smile:

Guest NeilEB
Wow Neil thats a fast turnaround sounds like Maindenhead accually know what they are doing!!

We have gone for the ehealth option aswell, cant imagine what the paper method would have been like!!:skeptical:

You;'ve gone eHealth and it's still taken that long? Wtf??!

Archived