Two weeks till our Queensland and n.s.w reccie !!

judyq

A few questions to you queenslanders!

We are really excited...two weeks till my partner and i and three rug rats depart for a reccie to Australia !! We start in surfers and then drive down over a week to sydney. Have a few questions if anyone can help ? We have to do serious stuff and my oh is looking at jobs but was wondering if anyone had ideas on reasonably priced things to do with the kids?

They are young, 7,4 and 1 and while we will do the odd theme park would be very interested in suggestions. Any nice outdoor pools,play parks etc.

Cannot believe it has come round. We need to make the decision and for us the only way is to go out and see it for ourselves.

Thanks , Judy

• 2 weeks later...

Have a great reccie.

There are some fantastic water parks and Sea World to visit, and Australia Zoo, of course. They would love feeding the roos.

My only other suggestion is for the long, long drive. You will pass loads of creeks with weird and wonderful names. What you do is get everyone in the car to make up a story about how each creek got it's name. Lots of fun (in a confined in the car type of way!!!). It certainly helps to pass the time without all the "are we there yet" stuff.

Archived