Car booster seats?

foy465

We have a bit of a dilemma. After looking around I have found out that U.K car seats are no good as they of course don't carry the Australian kitemark. We are not hiring a car, we are collecting my husbands work car on arrival. So can anyone recommend a store to buy 2 booster seats? (Brisbane).

I have googled and they look seriously expensive :frown:

Thanks very much.

Hi,

I had the same problem when out last year as I needed a car seat and a booster cushion for my 2 yr and 7yr olds. I actually managed to buy an australian car seat on ebay in the UK and put it thru with my luggage. I got a 'Safe and Sound' seat and it was in great condition, not been in any accident, for £10!! I just took the booster cushion in my case, as I couldnt see that would be any different over there. (may be wrong but took the chance as its only really to raise the child's height, nothing else) but didnt take the chance with the car seat as they are totally different and require an anchor strap at the back.

If its the full booster seat for age 4-7, then they have them in toys r us for around $120.

Booster Seats | Babies"R"Us :: Car & Booster Seats | Shop | Toys ‘R’ Us

If you have somewhere to send one to, you could order online and get it delivered in advance from an online co, such as this, where they have one on sale just now for $60. They do also have stores but might be worth getting one in the sale just now. They have many stores in Brisbane, and its where I plan on shopping once there as they seem very competitively priced.

BabyLove Caval Pewter Booster Seat

If its actually a car seat you need, there's one on ebay UK just now, at 99p! I paid for a courier to pick mine up for around £10. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Safe-n-Sound-Car-safety-seat-/320648362015?pt=UK_Baby_CarSeats_EH&hash=item4aa821b81f#ht_500wt_1156

Shaz

Archived