Edgewater catchment high schools??

Guest JK2510

Hi all,

were moving to the Edgewater area of Perth early next month. I've sorted out the primary school and my 2 youngest start edgewater primary on 28th February!

I know that mater dài is a private catholic school so that is out of the question. I don't really wanna pay private school fees either.

I emailed woodvale high school thinking that was in the catchment area. The only reply I got back was that I was to call mrs ******* when we arrive about applying for out of catchment area. I know belridge has popped up a few times but for all the wrong reasons so I do not want to send my daughter there.

I suppose I was hoping for a lite more of a positive response from woodvale! :(

Has any other pio peeps got any other suggestions or an insight into the Ozzie schooling. Obviously my daughter needs a place at a school as the commute is quite along one otherwise! Lol

Hi Jodie,

We are hoping to try and live around the Woodvale area, we have contacted the two primary schools in Woodvale who advised us we need to contact them on arrival as we need to be in the catchment area. Did you manage to get places from the UK for your children at Edgewater Primary?

Thanks

Sharon x

Hiya Sharon.

You wouldn't believe how easy it was. I contacted edgewater primary before the Xmas break explainng that we would be living with my mother who is an edgewater resident and that we would be arriving in early 2011. A lovely lady emailed back straight away and informed me of the years my girls(11 and 8) would be in,she also attached 2 enrolement forms and gave me the date the school would be reopening.

So last week I emailed the school with the attached enrolement forms and a start date of 28th feb and that we would arrange an appointment to meet and greet.

Soooooo easy!!

Well then the high school is a different story!! Lol

It would be nice to keep in touch. :)

Hi Jodie

Gosh that was easy with the primary school! We are also lucky as we have family in Perth, my sister lives in Mullaloo and we are staying with her when we arrive. I wonder if we can contact the local primary schools in the area she lives in? but really we wanted to live around Woodvale due to the secondary school.

Not long for you know :biggrin:

Yes would be lovely to keep in touch

Hope the next few days are not going to be too traumatic, when saying your goodbyes

Sharon x

Not that long for you really! The time does fly!

Aahh mullaloo our favorite beach! I think we will be down there next week!!

I will let you know what happens with wood vale high school.?

• 11 months later...
Guest nikki35
Hi all,

were moving to the Edgewater area of Perth early next month. I've sorted out the primary school and my 2 youngest start edgewater primary on 28th February!

I know that mater dài is a private catholic school so that is out of the question. I don't really wanna pay private school fees either.

I emailed woodvale high school thinking that was in the catchment area. The only reply I got back was that I was to call mrs ******* when we arrive about applying for out of catchment area. I know belridge has popped up a few times but for all the wrong reasons so I do not want to send my daughter there.

I suppose I was hoping for a lite more of a positive response from woodvale! :(

Has any other pio peeps got any other suggestions or an insight into the Ozzie schooling. Obviously my daughter needs a place at a school as the commute is quite along one otherwise! Lol

Hi there... I just seen your post and im hoping you still come on here,,,as you posted this in 2009... We are looking to move to edgewater as I just love the houses and area's round there? But there is only one Primary school? Edgewater? How did your children get on? Did you like it? We are catholic so have no probs on the high school there but need to know if your children got on ok as they would of been there 3 years now??

thanks

Nic x

Archived