A Question For The Ladys!!

calNgary

I have just recieved the letter from the Dr who is doing our medicals,confirming the time ,date and what we need to take.In the section saying PREVIOUS SURGERY AND HOSPITAL TREATMENT it says you need copys from your GP of your last smear test ,''sorry guys but i said for the ladys ,thats what being nosey gets ya!!''its quite a few years since a nurse 'had a look' so to say ,does everyone have to take this or just special cases and will they make me have one because its been so long ,i dont want to delay the visa process more but i know the result waiting period on NHS is quite a few months,any advice more than welcolme ,im panicin AGAIN !!!

Cal x

I have just recieved the letter from the Dr who is doing our medicals,confirming the time ,date and what we need to take.In the section saying PREVIOUS SURGERY AND HOSPITAL TREATMENT it says you need copys from your GP of your last smear test ,''sorry guys but i said for the ladys ,thats what being nosey gets ya!!''its quite a few years since a nurse 'had a look' so to say ,does everyone have to take this or just special cases and will they make me have one because its been so long ,i dont want to delay the visa process more but i know the result waiting period on NHS is quite a few months,any advice more than welcolme ,im panicin AGAIN !!!

Cal x

I didn't have this so am surprised as I did my medical in September. It is a good job for me as my last smear was done in Belgium and so copies would have been in French which I am sure they wouldn't have been accepted.

It should be fine, can your doctor not do it as I always had mine done by the doctor or practice nurse in the UK, if so I would check with your doctor whether you are due one just to be sure.

Good luck

Nicky

Guest Laura & GaryC

I am really surprise had to do this also, I had my medical last week and they never asked anything about this.

I had mine done here in australia, so maybe its different if its done outside.

I am sure there is nothing to worry about.

Laurax

Guest wfourie

Cal

Sorry to preach! but what concerns me more is that you have not had once done for ages! I cannot stress the importance of having regular smears. Not a nice experience but a life saver and I know from my own experience. I was only 22 and thought I was OK but on a routine smear I had advanced cancer cells! After many bouts of laser I am now a very healthy 34 year old who wouldn't dare miss a routine smear. It saved my life!

However on the meds front looks like I better get my reports sorted!

Thanks for the advice

Becca

Becca your not preaching ,your right ,i had one about 5 yrs ago then my daughter came along whos now just over 2 and it wasnt till last month when a friend mentioned about hers that i realised how long it had been ,and too be totally honest ,i already have a liver condition that may hinder the medical so decided to wait till after medical to have one done just in case something was wrong,then the letter from the clinic came yesterday confirming times etc and when i read that bit ,i just paniked ,

I know exactly what your saying but am that desperate to get to Oz i will try anything .me of all people should know better my mum was 19 and i was 3mth old ,when she died of cancer so i guess its big slapped wrists for me ,,,,

Cal x

Guest wfourie

Cal

We are going to Preston for meds they are cheaper than Manchester and they don't require smear results!!!! Got the confirmation through today with details and no mention of smear and we also asked and they said you don't need it! May we worth changing your meds to Preston!

Hope this helps

Becca

Guest Pasty

Hi

We had meds yesterday and the doctor never even mentioned smear tests, the only thing he asked me was if I checked my breasts regularly. He gave us the all clear there and then. (obviously waiting on the xray and blood test results next week for them to be sent off to Sydney)

Hope this helps but probably not, some doctors seem to want different things as we had to have extra blood tests cos hubbie and I both have a tattoo! which a lot of doctors don't seem to ask for anyway.

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

thanks everyone for your reasuurance ,i will ring Dr tomorrow and ask ,the reason we have chosen Manchester although Preston is just as near is Manchester do everything in the same building and i believe in Preston you have to go somewhere else for x-rays ,With my luck something would go astray or we would lose the kids (No thats wishful thinking) Good luck to everyone who's still waiting ,and will let you all know what Dr says tomorrow

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rbecca

My doctor didn't ask for smear results either and he's a manchester man. Which one are you going to see. I hope it's not the one on St John St - nasty experience!

Rbecca

Guest denisecraig

WHAT!!!!! I can't belive they asked for this, I went for my medical a month ago. No smear questions, no boob questions, and a doctor with slightly blurry eyesight when it came to my height. Which means I am officially tall and therefore no longer fat.

P.S. Go and get your smears ladies :shock: :oops:

Archived