Kitchen items............

Guest thistles and gum trees

Guest thistles and gum trees

Hi, We are packing up and getting ready to go.... Shipping goes in 4 weeks on Monday!:jiggy:

Could someone in the know please tell me if I'm allowed to take my kitchen cupboard items? I have heard that you're not allowed to take in any food or drink whatsoever (and we have LOADS). Is it true - I have also read on other forums about reminding people to bring in their favourite tea bags, food etc. Confused. Can you help? Thanks.

PS We have no limit to our shipping container so we can take all without charge hence the food/drink questions... Thanks.

Guest The Picketts

Dear Thistle & Gums, I understand that no food, tinned, bottled or otherwise is allowed. You can take alcohol but have to pay duty on it. According to all the paperwork I have looked at no foodstuffs, spices, untreated wooden items, feathers, etc, etc can go in the container. I have taken tinned and packeted food with me on flights and declared it in the past with no problems, just as long as you declare it and it fits in with their regulations - no honey, wax etc. I think you can go on to the government web site and follow links but can't remember where exactly. Hope this helps.

Cheryl x

We didn't bring food stuff, if you've got loads what about giving it to a homeless shelter? If you do send it on the container that box is likely to be checked - you may then be in a position where you have to pay to have it destroyed if they don't let it in.

Ali

Guest freckles

Dear Thistle and gums why would you want to, you are moving to a new country out with the old and fill your new cupboards with new foods ......give them to your neighbour, beans are the same over here.

Archived