How to Start The Whole Process

samsky86

Please excuse my spelling :confused:

Ok so myself and my Girlfriend and our daughter have decided we want to start a new life down under in melbourne my question is where do i begin.

I have found nemerous agencys on the internet who say that they deal with all this and help you but the one i have spoken to so far was asking for like £2000 upfront and £500 a month after that and said it could we take up to 36months. I cant afford to pay that sort of money and ;ive in south london for 3 years.

Please anybody with suggestions websites, companies, goverments even legals i am fully aware that there will be finantial costs involved but at them prices i would be tens of thousands out of pocket.

Guest guest36187

I would start with the agents that are posting on here on a regular basis. Alan Collett posts here and belongs to go Matilda.

Most agents will give you a free 15 min consult to give you some idea of whether you will get a visa - we dont know what you do for a living so I cant answer that question.

Alan Collett assisted my parents through their visa (and asnwered my questions too!). I`d start there.

You could give us some more information. What you do for a living? Your ages etc? Some of us might be able to start you in the right direction.

Australian Visa Wizard - Visas & Immigration

Start here with the Visa wizard and find out if you can get one! Getting a visa is not a guaranteed!!!

Good Luck and let us know how you go x

Hi and welcome to pio.

we got in touch with visa bureau, filled in the online enquiries form, and they got back in touch with us within a few days!

Happy to chat to us for around an hour on the phone, to see what our situation was and if we had points/trade etc, then sent us a very large information pack for us to go through and get back to them! The first payment we made was about £150 to start the ball rolling, most money seemed to be paid whilst doing vettassess, so its well worth contacting them, as they will explain it all to you, Think we made around 3 payments to them!

Guest smithys

Hiya and welcome xx

There are many reputable migration companies (many have been mentioned on here and if you do a search you'll find their names) Most of these companies will offer a free and quick consultaion to see if you are eligible and where to start. Many people also apply for the visa themselves, thus avoiding the charges associated with agents.

You need to find out if you have a skill in demand first and also it would benefit you if you want to go to Melbourne to see if your skill is on Victorias SMP list (I've given the link for you to check.)

Start with this as you WILL need to find where your skill or trade fits into the requirements needed for a visa.

There are many different avenues - Employer/State/Family sponsored, Skilled Independent etc etc and all have different criteria but they all need a skill in demand.

It's a confusing process!! But once you find the visa you may be eligible for it's easier as you then have a road to go down!

VICTORIA: Eligibility Lists - Live in Victoria

I have also added the DIAC website link .

Lots of luck and there are loads of people on here who really know what they are talking about so feel free to post questions! They'll be along to help!!

Department of Immigration & Citizenship

Yeah sorry just so you know im 24 my gf 28 and my happy lil missy is 8months. My occupation is as an electritian i compleated my taining last summer but have been told that because it was work based learning that counts towards being employed in that field. My girlfriend is a document controller but as she is italian but totaly fluent in english so we hope that will count for somthing. As far as i have been told on the phone from global visas that alone gives me 125 points out of the 120 needed to be considered. If anybody has any extra info to help it would really help. Thanks

Guest smithys

I think it's general opinion that if you want a Permanent Residency Visa and you do not have a job sponsor your absolutely best bet would be to go for a 176 State sponsored. If you check out Vics SMP list they are sponsoring electricians but they are requiring at least 5 years experience, I am unsure as to whether you have this and if they regard 'training' as part of that time?????? You will need to find out. You will need to get your skill assessed by the relevant training body, again someone will tell you who that is (Vetasses or TRA?)

Then you would need to apply to Vic for sponsorship. If they accept you can then apply for a 176. Which is currently Catergory 2 in processing and one of the quickest. It still all takes a while!! But a straight 175 skilled (no state) is taking a VERY long time at the mo!

Lots of luck x

Hi people tjanks for your help so far and keep the ideas comming im truley greatfull. Oh btw im not to fussed about making this a quick application as my daughter is still very young and moving house let alone country with an infant is prob very stressfull

Guest VickyMel

Following on from the Smithys useful info

for the 175 that you have been told about for the 120 points - it is preferable if your occupation is on the SOL list it is their priority occupations - not as fast as the VIC SS above.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule3.pdf

On this list http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule4.pdf

they are taking 2-4 years as they are not being given any priority at all at the moment and it could get better or worse for people waiting for an application put in under this category.

also be aware that the points system is probably undergoing quite a major change in July 2011

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99047-new-points-test-details-released-11-november.html

VickyMel

Thanks for the help i have found a really good company who have broken down the whole process for me (even kind enough to tell me how to save money). So i now have to sit the IELTS and TRA hopefully this should be simple enough by then i should have turned 25 giving me a further 5 points making it possible to apply for melbourne on an indipendant migration visa( for some reason sponsored visas take priority over independent) 3 years is a long time to wait but gives me pleanty of time to get things sorted. Anyway i shall keep you informed of my progress as my journey continues

• 7 months later...
Please excuse my spelling :confused:

Ok so myself and my Girlfriend and our daughter have decided we want to start a new life down under in melbourne my question is where do i begin.

I have found nemerous agencys on the internet who say that they deal with all this and help you but the one i have spoken to so far was asking for like £2000 upfront and £500 a month after that and said it could we take up to 36months. I cant afford to pay that sort of money and ;ive in south london for 3 years.

Please anybody with suggestions websites, companies, goverments even legals i am fully aware that there will be finantial costs involved but at them prices i would be tens of thousands out of pocket.

yes i used a fantastic company called overseas emigration in edinburgh scotland and im from essex,he is totally honest and the company have been very honest,i researched most companies in london but decided against them,oe will tell you honestly if you will get a visa before taking a penny from you,richard 01316256900

Archived