Any help will do please???

the hutchies

Hope i can count on some of you guys on here for some valuable advice and opinions.... we are looking at flying out one way to Victoria in August, this has been a long time coming for us (long story) ....but our visa runs out Oct 23rd so its now or never....problem is not sure where abouts to go with regards to the kids schooling and socially they are 15 (girl) and 13 (boy) ...also my hubby is joiner but can turn his hand to almost anything.... like many other people we will not have much money to come with we have decided to rent our house here til the exchanged rate improves and the housing market picks up here, any advice on areas, work etc....or any sother sites i could look on for research?

thanks Lisa xx

Guest smarties
Hope i can count on some of you guys on here for some valuable advice and opinions.... we are looking at flying out one way to Victoria in August, this has been a long time coming for us (long story) ....but our visa runs out Oct 23rd so its now or never....problem is not sure where abouts to go with regards to the kids schooling and socially they are 15 (girl) and 13 (boy) ...also my hubby is joiner but can turn his hand to almost anything.... like many other people we will not have much money to come with we have decided to rent our house here til the exchanged rate improves and the housing market picks up here, any advice on areas, work etc....or any sother sites i could look on for research?

thanks Lisa xx

Hi Lisa,

We are heading down to Melbourne in April and have been looking at the Berwick/Cranbourne area. Housing is reasonable and there seem to be some good schools there. My DD is 14 so schooling is important for us too. There seems to be lots of faciilites such as shoppingetc and is close to beaches and countryside.

On the other side of the bay is Point Cook which seems popular with Brits and was my first choice but due OH's work has now been discounted.

I would research where you are both likely to get jobs and go from there. Hopefully someone will be able to help you with that.

The Smarts. :biggrin:

Go where he can get a job then think about housing - Victoria is a huge place and you could start to put down roots somewhere only to discover that he cant get a job within cooee and you need to be 6 hours away. The schools will follow.

Archived