Selling Houses Australia

gilliantay

No, not the programme with Andrew Winter (is that his name ? - good programme though).

We currently have our house on the market and I was wondering if anyone else who resides here in Oz is currently trying to sell their property?

The general concensus so far is that the house is:

1) Too small by Australian standards !!!! Do not understand that one.......

2) The garden is not big enough to place a second house (ie shed)

The house is 3 bedrooms with a study large enough to convert into a 4th bedroom - with the usual cinema room, laundry, double garage, living-dining-kitchen area and the garden is large enough to hold a swimming pool (if wanted) and a trampoline with room left over for other things.................................

I believe that it is a buyers market at the moment and what with all the new houses being thrown up at the moment I despair at times that it will ever sell..................I have handed in my notice at work and finish in 3 weeks time so a lovely buyer had better grace my doorstep before too long..................................

Anyone else in this situation?

yeah we are Gillian!

God I haven't posted on here for soooo long - spat my dummy out!!

Anyways, we are trying to sell in Pacific Pines, house been on the market since May last year, price has now been dropped by over $100,000 so we are now trying to sell at $75,000 less than it cost us too build :(

It is a stupidly big size (it was meant to house 2 generations but that's another story!) and now only 2 of us living in it! Pool too! We did have a 'cash' buyer but that went belly up when it turned out the 'cash' wasn't actually available - inheritance that has been challenged grrr!

So now here we sit, almost broke, daughter getting married in the UK in June and I am fast wondering if we will ever get there!

Just to add, apparently everyone loves the house, its very good value etc but no one can actually afford to buy it..............

Guest paulcuthbert

We have just put our house on the market, but I am not very optimistic. We are hoping to return to UK June / July this year but it all hinges on the sale of the house. So we will just have to waut & see waht happens!!

I've heard of others having problems selling on Pac Pines and yet it seems to be a very popular place to live.

Good luck to both of you! Maybe put a link to your homes for sale in the shed on here......you never know, someone moving out might fall in love with them!

love

Rudi

x

Archived