finally got a case officer!

Guest garyh

Guest garyh

hi all,

got an e-mail this morning to say we have a case officer at last, we frontloaded med's e.t.c so they have only asked for 18 months pay slips and p60's for the same period.

not much longer now, HOPEFULLY.

gary & andrea.

Guest choobs
hi all,

got an e-mail this morning to say we have a case officer at last, we frontloaded med's e.t.c so they have only asked for 18 months pay slips and p60's for the same period.

not much longer now, HOPEFULLY.

gary & andrea.

You're fecking joking me! 18 months payslips? Yikes! Hopefully they're not going to ask me for that cost that could be..... problematic :-/

Congrats, though :)

Choobs

Guest caroline

Hi all,

we submitted our visa in october, was told that it wouldn't be processed until at least febrary and to wait for a case officer to contact us - still waiting..... I guess I should be chasing it now, but how??

caroline & edd

Guest choobs
Hi all,

we submitted our visa in october, was told that it wouldn't be processed until at least febrary and to wait for a case officer to contact us - still waiting..... I guess I should be chasing it now, but how??

caroline & edd

I wouldn't chase it - if you've had the confirmation letter, I'd be tempted to just sit tight.

Choobs

Guest caroline

Thanks Choobs for the advise,

Is there any way of tracking what is happening with our application - we're not using an agent - or is it just a waiting game?

caroline & edd

Guest choobs
Thanks Choobs for the advise,

Is there any way of tracking what is happening with our application - we're not using an agent - or is it just a waiting game?

caroline & edd

*sob* guess :)

I know a lot of people do phone up and ask, with varying amounts of success. What I worry about is that my application may be being processed by a bitter, grumpy, civil servant and any bothering on my part (if they're having a bad day) might lead to it being shunted down the pile. Bear in mind they have thousands of these things to process.

Of course, it could all be utter paranoia on my part :) Sit tight and chin up :) You can divert your energy to ranting here like I do :)

Choobs

Guest garyh

hi caroline & ed,

we had our acknowledgement letter on 14 december last year, you can phone the enquiry line number on your letter and give them you reference number and they will tell you how far off from being given a case officer, but in saying that i only rang them last thursday to ask if they had recieved our new police checks, which i sent on 13th feb, i really started to flap when i was told there was no record of them on my file as being recieved. i then had to start chasing the post office on how to track my post, which was sent "international recorded signed for", and was amazed to hear that they could'nt even tell me if it ever left the country. anyway the person that i spoke to at dimia also said that they were processing october applications so i was'nt expecting to hear until end of may. i thought i would ring back the next day," just to check", and to my relief was told that YES they did have my police checks, they have been on my file since the end of feb, but i still had no case officer, then when i opened e-mail on monday found that we had been allocated one.

hope this helps,

gary.

we are on a 137 STNI visa

heading for perth, have sponsorship from the peel region.

Guest Pasty

Hi Caroline and Edd

We too put our application in and it was acknowledged on the 14th December and I rang DIMIA on Monday 27th March and was told no case officer assigned and lo and behold I got an email on Friday 31st March to say we'd been assigned a case officer and to go for our meds, etc. So if you application is on the MODL list you should have heard by now, if not I would think you would hear about the end of April time. Hope this helps, if not you've got nothing to lose by ringing them, have you?

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

Guest basiltherat

Hi

Has anybody the best telephone number to ring Adelaide Skills centre to check on acknowledgement. We still have not had an acknowledgement and the money was taken on the 9th March.

Steve

Guest caroline

Hi Steve,

The phone number stated on our letter for the visa enquiry line is 00 61 3 9657 4115, although i am not sure if this is for skilled migration enquiries... maybe worthgiving it a go!

Good luck,

caroline & edd

Guest basiltherat

Thanks

Caroline

We called ASPC this morning and got file number . A letter was sent to agent 8th March but not received??

Steve

Guest Mark & Gina
Hi Caroline and Edd

We too put our application in and it was acknowledged on the 14th December and I rang DIMIA on Monday 27th March and was told no case officer assigned and lo and behold I got an email on Friday 31st March to say we'd been assigned a case officer and to go for our meds, etc. So if you application is on the MODL list you should have heard by now, if not I would think you would hear about the end of April time. Hope this helps, if not you've got nothing to lose by ringing them, have you?

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

Hi All,

Our application was acknowledged on the 5th December and are yet to hear anythinig. We applied under the 136 Skilled Independant Visa and my my wife's job is on MODL. I called on monday (10/04) and was told that they were behind, and currently processing application from early November. We are going CRAZY waiting!!!

Anyone else feeling the same??

Mark & Gina

Guest scoop

Absolutely!

My application only went in last month! (it did take ages to get to that stage!)

I even started decluttering today :shock: Gotta keep busy somehow!

Good luck with it all

SCoop

Archived