International Health Insurance

Tez

Hi all ,

we are moving to Hervey Bay in March and as part of the 457 visa we are required to have international health insurance . Does anyone know of a decent reputable company that I can use to insure myself ,husband and children .

thanks

Guest Stevebel

I've been travelling pretty much constantly for the past 18 years and have always used BUPA International for my cover.

I've even had cause to claim a couple of times - big-time in one instance - and don't really have anything bad to say about them. I've also used their telephone advice line a couple of times for relatively minor ailments.

I just had a quick look at their website and they have something there specifically tailored for people emigrating to Australia so it might be worth having a poke around there.

I'm sure they're not the cheapest option though, especially if you just want minimum cover to satisfy the immigration authorities.

Guest Laura G

I would recommend

Medibank - www.medibank.com.au - they offer 457 visa policy

Also WorldCare is another big insurer in OZ and AHM

I have had dealings with Medibank and they have lots of offices dotted around in shopping centres (in Australia)

All of the above are approved Insurers under Immigration policy

I used HBA (Bupa) to get my 457. It was very easy to buy a months cover from the UK to get the visa then once I arrived in Oz I set up a DD to keep the cover going.

$150 a month for 3, with ambulance cover included.

Archived