Once all Cat 2 have been allocated.........

Eddie2010

Hi All, I have been watching all the threads re allocating CO's over the past month and have had a thought...rare I know!

Assuming all Cat 2 with occupations on SMP are allocated by June - fingers crossed for you all.

I thought DIAC would then move full time to Cat 3 by date order .....but then I was thinking wont the States release another SMP and have another allocation for 2011/12 and those applicants will be in Cat 2 straight off and the Cat 3 will go in a holding bay again - possibly never getting to the top?

Would love to hear your thoughts....

PS does anyone know how many people are in Cat 2 roughly?

Thanks

Jodie

It does help to scan other threads but there are so many on here with hundreds of replies on the subjects of Cat2 and SMPs its very hard to find the answer sometimes.

Anyway - i didn't think anyone knew how many Cat 2s are in the current backlog for processing.

Eddie in response to your question...there are only around 23,000 SS visa places in the year (I think!) so once the back log of Cat 2s is cleared things should move fairly smoothly. people who get SMP SS will still take priority but there won't be a flood of 23,000 new Cat 2s on 1 July 2011 so don't worry they will get to you in the end.

Its the Cat 4s sadly that will probably never get to the top

Jo

Guest VickyMel

They also have a quota for Cat 3 applications that they must allocate before the end of June 2011. I imagine once they are pretty up to date with all the Cat 2s they will start again on the Cat 3s (their processing email suggests that they may look at Cat 3 applicants previously in Cat 4 first?)

VickyMel

Archived