'Simplicity', The Key To life.

Guest guest37336

Guest guest37336

This isn't meant to be a depressing thread, far from it, but having had a sh7t week thought I would put it down on paper. It's not JUST this week that has made me write this saga,:embarrassed:, but at times (and I realise this sounds selfish) I think the key to life is 'Simplicity'.

When we are born, if we are lucky we have our families around us, as we grow we have many loved ones in our lives and gradually as we get older we get friends, some have children, houses, cars materialistic goods, pets, more friends, the list is endless. As we grow we seem to accumulate a lot of things, not only humans, but like I said, the more peripheral things that we seem to believe we need.

Firstly I will say this, whilst these things can bring about ENORMOUS joy and happiness, and I will reiterate that point, ENORMOUS happiness, they can at the same time bring heartbreak, grief and sorrow. This is going to sound harsh I know, but if I had my life over again I honestly 'think' I may say, 'Me and me alone', no family, friends, materialistic goods, pets, etc, etc. I realise that sounds harsh, and there will be many that call me selfish for saying such a thing, but that is the I feel at the present time and have done in the past.

A lot of the time I have spent my life wondering what the hell did I do to deserve to be treated in such a way, at times it was solely my FAULT, but all the same I often wonder what my life would have been like if I had been on my todd, with no emotional or materialistic things to my name.

I DO HAVE a very loving family, a small but lovely house, three pets, a few friends, etc, and I realise that without these things/people in my life I would have missed so much love, friendship etc, BUT.

In equal measure if not more the same things that bring me happiness have also bought me grief, sadness and hurt. As I said, I know full well that I will come over as selfish to some, and I fully expect to be castigated for this thread, but is being honest is all. Would my life have been any easier without these people and things in my life, I have NO idea, but would be willing to bet that I 'may' have had a more settled mindset at times.

I realise that as humans we are born to interact with others around us, and rightly so, but I am just showing the flip side of the coin. I HAVE been by myself for a substantial period of time, and at those times I was one of the most depressed, miserable old gits you would ever want to meet, but these feelings ONLY came about because before I was by myself I had the love and companionship of many around me, now if I had not had this in my life originally wouldn't I have felt differently about being alone.

I can't really put it into words but I guess what I am trying to say is that despite the people I have met, the love I have received and given, the 'things' I have acquired, whilst they bought joy and happiness, they also (in my case) bought about pain, grief and bloody despair.

This is NOT a miserable thread, far from it, as I said I have a lovely wife, two fantastic children, and I realise I am VERY LUCKY compared to some. This is not an attack on people who have loving relationships etc, far from it, just a very PERSONAL point of view is all.

I am not perfect, far from it, and I KNOW that some people would also said the same about me, that they wish they had never met me. But I honestly don't regret meeting anyone in my life, or indeed having the experiences I have had (good and bad). Just at times I think it would have been easier if I had become a hermit and not entered the 'real' world.

I am FAR from miserable, even at the worst of times, I try my very best to make those around me happy and contented, so I at present relatively happy with my lot, AND I realise that compared to some I have lived a life on easy street, so I hope you understand a bit of where I am coming from.

Cheers all for reading.

Tony.:eek::wink:

Guest guest37336

I would like to say the reason I wrote the OP shall remain a secret, :eek:, because quite simply compared to some my reason is trivial and bloody daft, just triggered of this thread is all, and if anyone is going through REAL crap at this time I apologise if any offence caused. Thankfully my own situation has been resolved, and like I said, fairly pathetic in the grand scheme of things.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I am really happy with my lot, but i want to taste something completely different and the urge to get to Australia is growing inside me more and more each day. Plus the crap weather is slowly killing me.

Guest guest37336
I've got a simple wife.

Jimbo, this was a serious thread, one of deep and meaningful thoughts, and what happens.:mad::mad:

You come along matey and with your 'humour' immediately put a different slant on it. This isn't the first time you have done this, and frankly mate............................................................

Keep it up my friend, even when I at times am really pi77ed off you bring a smile to my face mate. I admire your sense of humour Jimbo, long may it reign Jimbo.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::wink:

Guest guest30085
I am really happy with my lot, but i want to taste something completely different and the urge to get to Australia is growing inside me more and more each day. Plus the crap weather is slowly killing me.

Sorry Jim but without sounding harsh - will you just blummin go! :laugh:

You know you are my cyber friend and you wont take offence at this and I know there are issues regarding jobs and houses and exchange rate - but we only get one chance - you might get hit by the proverbial bus tomorrow and all that trouble of getting the visa will mean b*gger all and life will shovel its sh*te at you and the choice may be taken away!

Life's for living my friend - something I have found out more times than I ever wanted to experience :hug:

You know you are my cyber friend and you wont take offence at this and I know there are issues regarding jobs and houses and exchange rate - but we only get one chance - you might get hit by the proverbial bus tomorrow and all that trouble of getting the visa will mean b*gger all and life will shovel its sh*te at you and the choice may be taken away!

Life's for living my friend - something I have found out more times than I ever wanted to experience :hug:

Very true pal:yes:

Guest siamsusie

:yes:Yes he should go before cellulitis kicks in and his "precious package" shrivels:yes:

Guest siamsusie

But Adonna you are right, its about life style, too much emphasis is placed on the 4 x 2 with a pool, thats not life , thats materialism !

Well it's easier to be by yourself, it means you can't get hurt! So the grief and upset is just the downside to loving/caring for people. Of course it has more ups than downs :). Humans are meant to be selfish anyway. Life would way too easy but also boring and unfulfilling if we didn't have others to consider. Maybe you just need some time out? Some 'me' time. I know a lot of people (particularly parents) who want to bugger off and be alone, I think this walk around Australia is what you need :yes:

Archived