SA SS Please HELP

H & M

We have applied for 175 in December 2008 (TRA passed etc). We are in the process of applying for SA, my OH is sub-contractors so he has a few different jobs through out the year.

Our agent said that for us to apply for SA we need OHs CV and reference from employers. I can understand asking for CV but why do they references???

We can get the references but it takes ages for people to get back to us. It took us over a couple of months when we needed to gather them up for the TRA in 2008

Can anyone tell me if this is really necessary or true. Im loosing the will to live. Everytime we think we are closer and getting somewhere, something happens. :arghh:

Thanks guys

Guest smithys

Hi H & M,

I am not 100% sure on the EXACT requirements but I certainly know we had to have references when submitting our application. I imagine it's to do with the fact that anyone can put a CV together and SA need evidence to back up your job skills.

I feel your pain it must be so frustrating for you as you have waited so very long.

Are you on the new and current SOL???? if so, I think you have every right to assume that you should get a CO soon, that's if you haven't already got one. The reason I say this as the latest info from DIAC in the automated update in regards to processing time is stating that they are currently processing up to JAN '09 for 175 applications. There is a current thread with this info on.

If I were you I would get your agent onto the case to looking into whether you have a CO or not. Remembering that it would take a while to get all your application and a result back from SA sorted so it may just be a matter of hanging tight for just a little while longer. I really think you must be on the 'Home run' now.

Wishing you lots of luck, I'm sure it will be happening for you soon xxx

Hi H & M,

I am not 100% sure on the EXACT requirements but I certainly know we had to have references when submitting our application. I imagine it's to do with the fact that anyone can put a CV together and SA need evidence to back up your job skills.

I feel your pain it must be so frustrating for you as you have waited so very long.

Are you on the new and current SOL???? if so, I think you have every right to assume that you should get a CO soon, that's if you haven't already got one. The reason I say this as the latest info from DIAC in the automated update in regards to processing time is stating that they are currently processing up to JAN '09 for 175 applications. There is a current thread with this info on.

If I were you I would get your agent onto the case to looking into whether you have a CO or not. Remembering that it would take a while to get all your application and a result back from SA sorted so it may just be a matter of hanging tight for just a little while longer. I really think you must be on the 'Home run' now.

Wishing you lots of luck, I'm sure it will be happening for you soon xxx

Hi there Smithys,

Thanks so much for your reply. We have not yet applied for SA we just started completing the paperwork, thats why I dont understand why our agent wants us to supply references now. I can understand if once we apply and get a CO and be asked for it.

My question is, for us to apply for SA do we need to have references just to apply for SS? I hope not, so we can submit the application and while this is happening we can get the references up together for when CO request it.

Wishing you lots of Luck too!!

Hi there Smithys,

Thanks so much for your reply. We have not yet applied for SA we just started completing the paperwork, thats why I dont understand why our agent wants us to supply references now. I can understand if once we apply and get a CO and be asked for it.

My question is, for us to apply for SA do we need to have references just to apply for SS? I hope not, so we can submit the application and while this is happening we can get the references up together for when CO request it.

Wishing you lots of Luck too!!

Can't you use the references you said you use for TRA?

If the agent says he wants references for the SS I would just get them, perhaps your agent feels they will strengthen your case.

Guest smithys

Hi,

As I said I am not 100% on actual requirements but we had to submit references when we applied for SA and we haven't got a CO yet.

So I think the answer to your question is yes, you need references as it is part of the application and a decision would not be made on your sponsorship if you did not supply them as I think it may be classed as incomplete.

Like I mentioned, it's worth thinking about the current timelines and seeing if you have a CO now or maybe getting one soon??

Good luck x

Can't you use the references you said you use for TRA?

If the agent says he wants references for the SS I would just get them, perhaps your agent feels they will strengthen your case.

TRA references are from when we first applied in 2008, which is out of date, and that took ages to get them. Agent says they want up to date refs to attach to application.

Im just worried if we dont apply soon we are gonna miss out again. As i said on previous post, if we can send the application just with the CV, can we?? then we have more time to get the references up together.

Guest smithys
TRA references are from when we first applied in 2008, which is out of date, and that took ages to get them. Agent says they want up to date refs to attach to application.

Im just worried if we dont apply soon we are gonna miss out again. As i said on previous post, if we can send the application just with the CV, can we?? then we have more time to get the references up together.

Sorry, I think you need to get the uptodate references, as I said the application will not be complete without it and SA will only acknowledge complete applicaions.

It you check the SA website and look under sponsorship it should tell you all that is needed to upload an application. This will give you an understanding as to what your agent needs.

Cheers. x

If you need references you need references, I cannot see any advantage to sending in an incomplete application. It won't be processed and it will just sit around gathering dust until some future point when somebody needs to match it up with a set of refences. Just wait and send everything together.

I know the whole thing is a huge paper gathering exercise, been there done that. You will get there.

Hi H&M

I dont know if this is a recent change but when we submitted the other day for sa ss. On the cover sheet which you print and sign once on line submission completed, it said copy of reference optional. Here is a copy of it:

You must now attach all relevant supporting documents to this Application Cover (1 page) and POST to Immigration SA, Level 5, 131-139 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 OR COURIER to Immigration SA, Level 5, 131-139 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000. Do not fax or email these documents. Any documents not in English must be accompanied with an English translation or they will NOT be considered in the application process.

In support of my application for Sponsorship under the General Skilled Migration Program from the Government of South Australia, I enclose the following (please (tick) as appropriate) and understand that this Sponsorship will not proceed until Immigration SA has received all the documentation required:

Important: Your hard copy supporting documents must be registered by Immigration SA within thirty days from the date that you submit your application online.

Must include:

Application Cover Sheet (this page) signed and witnessed in English.

Copy of Positive Skills Assessment from the relevant Assessing Authority.

Copy of an IELTS test that is less than two years old unless you hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, or the Republic of Ireland. For the aforementioned countries where the special requirement is 7.0 or higher, you must provide an IELTS test result.

Copy of Passport pages with Name, Date of Birth and Country of Citizenship.

If applicable:

Evidence of any Licensing or Registration requirements for your nominated.

Letter from current or previous employer (optional).

Declaration

I also understand and confirm that (please tick the boxes to indicate your understanding and agreement):

I am fully aware of the conditions of this Sponsorship and Visa for which I am applying.

This Sponsorship will be rendered invalid if I do not meet all the criteria and requirements set out by DIAC for visa grant.

Sponsorship is being granted on the condition that I will migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years and keep in regular contact with Immigration SA during that time.

If approved this Sponsorship is valid for thirty days and that I must lodge my visa application with DIAC within that time or this Sponsorship will lapse.

Sponsorship does not guarantee employment and that it is entirely my responsibility to secure employment after arrival in South Australia.

I am confident that I can find appropriate employment within a reasonable period of time and that I am able to support myself until that time.

I will report to Immigration SA within two weeks of my arrival in South Australia.

Signature of Applicant (in English):

Full Name of Witness who is not a family member (in English):

Address of Witness:

Signature of Witness (in English):

Date:

Important: Providing false documentation in support of any visa application will not only result in the refusal of state sponsorship for the applicant, but is also a serious criminal offence under State and Commonwealth laws. Such dishonest conduct may be prosecuted.

Logout

We didnt even need to supply a CV as we had to type in all the work history.

Hope that helps, if you want to double check though may be worth emailing them.

Michelle

Guest smithys

LittleM that's really useful info.

Hopefully that should help the OP'

Also wanted to wish you luck with SA as I know you have been badly let down by your original State. I hope SA gets back to you quickly and you can once again get on with your plans xxxx

Rose.

LittleM that's really useful info.

Hopefully that should help the OP'

Also wanted to wish you luck with SA as I know you have been badly let down by your original State. I hope SA gets back to you quickly and you can once again get on with your plans xxxx

Rose.

Thanks Rose, I hope we get approved and it dosent take too long.....we want to be there for Christmas this year! Been saying that for the last 3 years, lol! If only I knew what I know now when we first started!!

Michelle

Hi H&M

I dont know if this is a recent change but when we submitted the other day for sa ss. On the cover sheet which you print and sign once on line submission completed, it said copy of reference optional. Here is a copy of it:

You must now attach all relevant supporting documents to this Application Cover (1 page) and POST to Immigration SA, Level 5, 131-139 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 OR COURIER to Immigration SA, Level 5, 131-139 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000. Do not fax or email these documents. Any documents not in English must be accompanied with an English translation or they will NOT be considered in the application process.

In support of my application for Sponsorship under the General Skilled Migration Program from the Government of South Australia, I enclose the following (please (tick) as appropriate) and understand that this Sponsorship will not proceed until Immigration SA has received all the documentation required:

Important: Your hard copy supporting documents must be registered by Immigration SA within thirty days from the date that you submit your application online.

Must include:

Application Cover Sheet (this page) signed and witnessed in English.

Copy of Positive Skills Assessment from the relevant Assessing Authority.

Copy of an IELTS test that is less than two years old unless you hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, or the Republic of Ireland. For the aforementioned countries where the special requirement is 7.0 or higher, you must provide an IELTS test result.

Copy of Passport pages with Name, Date of Birth and Country of Citizenship.

If applicable:

Evidence of any Licensing or Registration requirements for your nominated.

Letter from current or previous employer (optional).

Declaration

I also understand and confirm that (please tick the boxes to indicate your understanding and agreement):

I am fully aware of the conditions of this Sponsorship and Visa for which I am applying.

This Sponsorship will be rendered invalid if I do not meet all the criteria and requirements set out by DIAC for visa grant.

Sponsorship is being granted on the condition that I will migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years and keep in regular contact with Immigration SA during that time.

If approved this Sponsorship is valid for thirty days and that I must lodge my visa application with DIAC within that time or this Sponsorship will lapse.

Sponsorship does not guarantee employment and that it is entirely my responsibility to secure employment after arrival in South Australia.

I am confident that I can find appropriate employment within a reasonable period of time and that I am able to support myself until that time.

I will report to Immigration SA within two weeks of my arrival in South Australia.

Signature of Applicant (in English):

Full Name of Witness who is not a family member (in English):

Address of Witness:

Signature of Witness (in English):

Date:

Important: Providing false documentation in support of any visa application will not only result in the refusal of state sponsorship for the applicant, but is also a serious criminal offence under State and Commonwealth laws. Such dishonest conduct may be prosecuted.

Logout

We didnt even need to supply a CV as we had to type in all the work history.

Hope that helps, if you want to double check though may be worth emailing them.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much for the info it has been really helpful. Very useful info, you've answered all my questions

Mo

:hug:

Archived