Vetassess for trades..have we been conned..

Nick and sez

i am fuming, i have just got an email from TRU-blue migration explaining that you can do your trade application in seven weeks and do not now need to do a practical and that all you have to do is a technical interview via skype...

Jesus what a bloody con Vetassess was, i spent 5 months and about £2000... to do mine as a general plumber, i had to travel 5 hours up from the south coast to Accrington, spend two nights in a hotel and lose 3 days wages just for the practical...:arghh:

OH NO NOW you can sit on your arse and do it all from home and if you are not good enough you can blag your technical interview over the internet and if you pass you are as good as me and all the other proper tradies that spent time and money and stress doing the bloody practical....

WELL DONE AUSTRALIA:biglaugh: You moan about getting the quality of migrants and now you have just opened up the door to any chancers that can blag paper assessments and techical interviews over the internet....

I want my money back.....:arghh:No wonder they where rushing as many trades through the practicals...and by the looks of things its the Victoria Tafe( VETASSESS) doing it again..

The Aussies must think that we are just pay money hands over fist and milk us... ME im now just getting a bit sick of it..:arghh:

AH BUT DID WE NOT WIN THE ASHES

NICK THE GENERAL PLUMBER(CONNED BY VETASSESS):biglaugh:

Guest edwardsfamily

we fully agree....my hubby is a spark. Vetassess cost the same, had to go to the same place by the sounds of things, hotel etc, loss of earnings...it all adds up!

now he has a job offer and going as a fire alarm technician (which is what he does in the uk), if we want PR after our 457, hes got to now do TRA for his new job description. Another cost, expense, time etc.

we feel your pain....feel free to rant!!

I just feel that all theb trades that have had to go down the Vetassess route have been conned, i mean if all you have to do now is a technical interview over the internet, many can talk the talk but how many can walk the walk..Lol.

It would not have been so bad had the practical been in London like 09 but i live on the south coast like you guys and had to travel bloody miles...

Keep smiling... Cheers Nick

Welcome home, im thinking of staying here because it just seems that australia is all about making money from people. It seems to me that if they can do this and change it when ever they like then i what sort of a country are you going to that one minute wants to get the best skilled migrants from around the world and then says ok you talk a good story heres your pass now go for ss give us more money... If it stays like this their migrant skills crisis will come and bite them in the backside again...

Party on at least its 10 degrees on the south coast tonight..

Lol nick the plumber...

Welcome home, im thinking of staying here because it just seems that australia is all about making money from people. It seems to me that if they can do this and change it when ever they like then i what sort of a country are you going to that one minute wants to get the best skilled migrants from around the world and then says ok you talk a good story heres your pass now go for ss give us more money... If it stays like this their migrant skills crisis will come and bite them in the backside again...

Party on at least its 10 degrees on the south coast tonight..

Lol nick the plumber...

Thanks for the welcome home! Its good to be back!

Yeap its getting warmer here now! :jiggy:

Guest ozzietobe

Im confused my hubby is a sparky and we are under the impression we have to go through vetassess and then a practical, has it changed?

Im confused my hubby is a sparky and we are under the impression we have to go through vetassess and then a practical, has it changed?

Hi there, i got this info today from TRUBLUE migration in Perth.

Im not using an agent and have done it all myself but they gave a link for all trades saying that it can all be done in 7 weeks, thats why i blew a gasket as its from the Victoria Tafe and basically it explains that the practical assement is not needed..

Here is the link i was sent, maybe i read it wrong but pretty sure its right which annoys the hell out of me as it seems Vetassess has been cramming us all in when now you may not have to do the practical...

Judge for yourselves.. Cheers Nick..

www.vu.edu.au/higher-ed-and-tafe/tafe-and-vocational-education/tafe-programs/general-skilled-migration-visa-assessment

im a carpenter and flew over too preston to do my vetassess in august but it is still valid , so dont despair

Have a look at the link mate and see what you make of it, i went to Accrington, if the link is true then someone is having many over mate...

Anyway well done if you passed:cool:

Cheers Nick

thanks nick my agent assures me if you,ve already done vetassess its still valid , but i also think its all a money making scam 3 out of the 4 chippys on the previous test to mine were all failed on minor details

Yep mate your right, i know we are still valid, but what gets me mate is that if that link is true we have had to travel miles and lose alot of money ok we passed but now its changed its not bloody fair, jesus you could have done your technical interview in jersey and save hundereds of pounds...

When i applied in09 to do my practical their was only one date in May 10, by the end of the year they had done 4 practical assessments, talk about raking in the money and like me and you there were blokes their from Ireland,Scotland,Spain... Jesus, now i could have done it over the internet and never left home on the sussex coast...

it just ribs me how much its cost and now they are changing it..:arghh:

At least i moan like an Aussie...LOL...NICK:biglaugh:

Guest jak2503
Yep mate your right, i know we are still valid, but what gets me mate is that if that link is true we have had to travel miles and lose alot of money ok we passed but now its changed its not bloody fair, jesus you could have done your technical interview in jersey and save hundereds of pounds...

When i applied in09 to do my practical their was only one date in May 10, by the end of the year they had done 4 practical assessments, talk about raking in the money and like me and you there were blokes their from Ireland,Scotland,Spain... Jesus, now i could have done it over the internet and never left home on the sussex coast...

it just ribs me how much its cost and now they are changing it..:arghh:

At least i moan like an Aussie...LOL...NICK:biglaugh:

and just think when you finally get here they dont even ask to see the vettasses paperwork, all there intersted in is your british quals and then it all begins again with your retraining, couple of thousand dollars down the road and up to two years at evening school you will finally be fully licensed plumber and drainer.

Guest AndyandYvonneD
i am fuming, i have just got an email from TRU-blue migration explaining that you can do your trade application in seven weeks and do not now need to do a practical and that all you have to do is a technical interview via skype...

Jesus what a bloody con Vetassess was, i spent 5 months and about £2000... to do mine as a general plumber, i had to travel 5 hours up from the south coast to Accrington, spend two nights in a hotel and lose 3 days wages just for the practical...:arghh:

OH NO NOW you can sit on your arse and do it all from home and if you are not good enough you can blag your technical interview over the internet and if you pass you are as good as me and all the other proper tradies that spent time and money and stress doing the bloody practical....

WELL DONE AUSTRALIA:biglaugh: You moan about getting the quality of migrants and now you have just opened up the door to any chancers that can blag paper assessments and techical interviews over the internet....

I want my money back.....:arghh:No wonder they where rushing as many trades through the practicals...and by the looks of things its the Victoria Tafe( VETASSESS) doing it again..

The Aussies must think that we are just pay money hands over fist and milk us... ME im now just getting a bit sick of it..:arghh:

AH BUT DID WE NOT WIN THE ASHES

NICK THE GENERAL PLUMBER(CONNED BY VETASSESS):biglaugh:

I can't believe I'm reading this, I too came over here as a General Plumber under the Vetassess system, spent hours doing the evidence side of the application and a bleeding fortune on the practical side of things....fecin skankin Aussie Di&k heads. Wouldn't mind but the Vetassess Qualification means absolute jack shi& when you get over here. We could of used the money for something more useful when under going the migration process!!! Thanks to the fecin idiots that set the scheme up in the 1st place, you've realy :Randy-git: shafted us!!

Guest ozzietobe

So does someone know for sure which assessment for qualifications one has to do, is it vetasses or something else?

Hi there, i got this info today from TRUBLUE migration in Perth.

Im not using an agent and have done it all myself but they gave a link for all trades saying that it can all be done in 7 weeks, thats why i blew a gasket as its from the Victoria Tafe and basically it explains that the practical assement is not needed..

Here is the link i was sent, maybe i read it wrong but pretty sure its right which annoys the hell out of me as it seems Vetassess has been cramming us all in when now you may not have to do the practical...

Judge for yourselves.. Cheers Nick..

www.vu.edu.au/higher-ed-and-tafe/tafe-and-vocational-education/tafe-programs/general-skilled-migration-visa-assessment

Hi Nick

Thanks for posting this, I've just had a look at the link and it seems it is just as expensive as VETASSESS , My OH is just waiting to hear back from VETASSES for the paper assessment, so no point in us switching now as it's gona cost the same, well more for us as we've already payed $600 for the paper assesment. I do understand the extra costs though in travel for some people, its so frustrating everyday theres another change, I'm sick of worrying if we're on the right tracks would hate to waste so much money! Anyway think my OH would rather do a practical than one big interview over the net think he would find that more nerve racking! Just can't wait to get this all done and out the way!

I've just looked at the link and the costs for bricklayer is $650 for the paper and then $1550 for the technical interview, so still expensive, I understand what you're saying about the travel though, my OH had to go to Preston and stayed in a B&B, thankfully didn't miss out on any earnings as the weather was so bad here he wouldn't have worked that day anyway LOL !

Hi Nick

Thanks for posting this, I've just had a look at the link and it seems it is just as expensive as VETASSESS , My OH is just waiting to hear back from VETASSES for the paper assessment, so no point in us switching now as it's gona cost the same, well more for us as we've already payed $600 for the paper assesment. I do understand the extra costs though in travel for some people, its so frustrating everyday theres another change, I'm sick of worrying if we're on the right tracks would hate to waste so much money! Anyway think my OH would rather do a practical than one big interview over the net think he would find that more nerve racking! Just can't wait to get this all done and out the way!

Good Luck with the practical, good to see someone who can show how good he is at the practical like us..

I see you point, lucky you only live in the midlands, i like many live 5 hours away so with the drive, exmaination, you are looking at 3 days lost money plus Hotel, etc..

When they used to do the practical in London,2 years ago that would of been great. But from Sussex to Accrington is bloody wrong, Like VinnyBow in Jersey. On my exam day the closest to the venue was 5 hours away, so imagine if we could do a technical interview at Home, Bloody breeze...:biglaugh:

But if you have read my posts it just seems that now anyone can blag it if they go the new way, most tradies like me and you and the rest know what we are and have no probs showing what we can do...BUT now chancers can blag their paper assessment and can maybe blag their interview if they do enough research....

Me i glad i showed the Vetassess what i could do as i had no worries i would fail, but many will now exploit this and the end problem is that when we get to OZ, our Vetassess AQF III wont amount to much and some chump could have blagged it got his AQF III and take your job from you...

Sorry to make it so long... I just feel alot of Tradies that have had to go the vetasssess route have been let down...:swoon:

Good luck.. remember we are the best Trades in the world.:wink:

I've just looked at the link and the costs for bricklayer is $650 for the paper and then $1550 for the technical interview, so still expensive, I understand what you're saying about the travel though, my OH had to go to Preston and stayed in a B&B, thankfully didn't miss out on any earnings as the weather was so bad here he wouldn't have worked that day anyway LOL !

Im Glad it went well for you, for many of us we had to travel a long way and lost alot of money, so if i could stay at home and spend the same, i would obviously stay at home...

Still we did it and passed... But it just boils me that i could have stayed at home instead of £400.00 late in ACCRINTON:arghh:

GO ON THE STANLEY.....LOL

Guest jak2503
Good Luck with the practical, good to see someone who can show how good he is at the practical like us..

I see you point, lucky you only live in the midlands, i like many live 5 hours away so with the drive, exmaination, you are looking at 3 days lost money plus Hotel, etc..

When they used to do the practical in London,2 years ago that would of been great. But from Sussex to Accrington is bloody wrong, Like VinnyBow in Jersey. On my exam day the closest to the venue was 5 hours away, so imagine if we could do a technical interview at Home, Bloody breeze...:biglaugh:

But if you have read my posts it just seems that now anyone can blag it if they go the new way, most tradies like me and you and the rest know what we are and have no probs showing what we can do...BUT now chancers can blag their paper assessment and can maybe blag their interview if they do enough research....

Me i glad i showed the Vetassess what i could do as i had no worries i would fail, but many will now exploit this and the end problem is that when we get to OZ, our Vetassess AQF III wont amount to much and some chump could have blagged it got his AQF III and take your job from you...

Sorry to make it so long... I just feel alot of Tradies that have had to go the vetasssess route have been let down...:swoon:

Good luck.. remember we are the best Trades in the world.:wink:

i would probably disagree with that statment, maybe at one time , but alas not anymore, also remember the job in aus is a world away from the uk, different styles materials, and ways of doing things, lets face facts the vettasses practical test was a joke and it did not show any skills in a practical way, in fact a person straight out of college would have a better chance of passing it rather than a bloke on his tools for 20 years, i dont know many plumbers who use screwed pipework all the time, where as someone straight out of tech would be up to speed on using steel pipe to a drawing and setting copper to drawings and running a bit of underslung 4" plastic, if you think that it showed your skills then im afraid it did not, i have spoke first hand to TAFE guys who run the vettasses and even they thought it was a joke, im not knocking your abilitys as a plumber im just putting a point of view across,

Guest TheHills

Hi Nick,

My husband is a plumber we were going on a skilled but are having to go on a ss as he turns 35 in5 days and we lose 5 points arghhhh he was assessed by TRA and we had to do so much to get the positive we were told that it had changed to vetasses am i wrong so now he doesnt have to do this? and he can still use the TRA????

ARGHHHH really confused.. we are looking at Victoria

i would probably disagree with that statment, maybe at one time , but alas not anymore, also remember the job in aus is a world away from the uk, different styles materials, and ways of doing things, lets face facts the vettasses practical test was a joke and it did not show any skills in a practical way, in fact a person straight out of college would have a better chance of passing it rather than a bloke on his tools for 20 years, i dont know many plumbers who use screwed pipework all the time, where as someone straight out of tech would be up to speed on using steel pipe to a drawing and setting copper to drawings and running a bit of underslung 4" plastic, if you think that it showed your skills then im afraid it did not, i have spoke first hand to TAFE guys who run the vettasses and even they thought it was a joke, im not knocking your abilitys as a plumber im just putting a point of view across,

Thanks for your comments, i think you are missing the point im making, that of now you do not have to do the practical you can just do a technical interview over SKYPE...

This could mean that people can easily learn and blag their technical interview and possibly cheat...

The end result could be an influx of trades into AUS who cannot do the job and you in OZ will have another trades shortage but the visa quota will be full..

From the quality of plumbers i have seen leaving college they wouldnt even know how to turn on a threading machine..:biglaugh:

TAFE Guys may say vetassess is rubbish but many of them have made good money working for them..

I would rather see someone use theirs tools than speak a good job!:realmad:

Cheers Nick..

Hi Nick,

My husband is a plumber we were going on a skilled but are having to go on a ss as he turns 35 in5 days and we lose 5 points arghhhh he was assessed by TRA and we had to do so much to get the positive we were told that it had changed to vetasses am i wrong so now he doesnt have to do this? and he can still use the TRA????

ARGHHHH really confused.. we are looking at Victoria

Guys my advice would be go VIA the Victoria Tafe and do it all online.... apparently its the way to go..:idea:

Archived