Visa question

AoifesMum

Hello all,

We will of course be making enquires to the relevant people, but I thought some of you expert expats may know the answer to this one - once a visa has been applied for do the people named on it have to leave the UK together? To explain, my partner has been offered a job in Canberra. For various reasons it has taken a long time to apply for the visa (submitted Dec 2010). I am on maternity leave unti the end of January. If I don't return to work for my firm for 6 months I have to pay all my enhanced maternity pay back (quite a chunk) and, as it looks like we won't be out in Oz until March time it makes sense for my partner to go for a few months, me to serve my maternity notice and for us to go out altogether in July. However, the visa has been lodged in all four names - me, partner and two children. Does this matter or can he go out on it and us follow?

xx

Guest siamsusie
Hello all,

We will of course be making enquires to the relevant people, but I thought some of you expert expats may know the answer to this one - once a visa has been applied for do the people named on it have to leave the UK together? To explain, my partner has been offered a job in Canberra. For various reasons it has taken a long time to apply for the visa (submitted Dec 2010). I am on maternity leave unti the end of January. If I don't return to work for my firm for 6 months I have to pay all my enhanced maternity pay back (quite a chunk) and, as it looks like we won't be out in Oz until March time it makes sense for my partner to go for a few months, me to serve my maternity notice and for us to go out altogether in July. However, the visa has been lodged in all four names - me, partner and two children. Does this matter or can he go out on it and us follow?

xx

Hi there, I cant answer your question but am bumping it up for you. Hope someone replies soon.

Best wishes

Susie xx:wubclub:

Hi, I'm not sure with pr but my hubby is on a 457 temp visa with myself and daughter on there aswell. We all traveled out on 23rd december and I am returning to the uk on 14th jan to sell the house and get my job organised etc. When we checked my hubby was allowed to travel without me and I was able to return because we were unsure if I would be able to get out at Christmas. Basically we were allowed to travel seperately. I hope this helps a little.

Good luck

Dawn. X

Guest Guest31881

I believe the main applicant has to enter the country first, (or you can all go together), then providing you all enter within the validation period it should be OK, I am sure someone with more knowledge than me will give a definitive answer for you.

I believe the main applicant has to enter the country first, (or you can all go together), then providing you all enter within the validation period it should be OK, I am sure someone with more knowledge than me will give a definitive answer for you.

Thank you everyone! :biglaugh:

Archived