High risk Country - driving licence- demerit points?

Guest rufndtuf

Guest GoldCoastMag

You may find them on your new Australian licence, I think. How long are you allowed to drive on an overseas licence in SA?

"High risk Country - driving licence- demerit points?

by rufndtuf

I wonder if anyone let me know my pereception are right!? I am from a HR country arrived here in adeliade few months ago. Me recetnly got a traffic disobey fine for 360 $ on my overseas driving licence and the same has demerit apoints applicable as well.. I asked for a concession to pay that in installments, recently went to service SA to find out the demerit points and they said at present i dont have any on my licence number.

I wonder weather those demetir points are not applicable for overseas driving licnece. or am i lucky to get away from that by any chance???

also, I wonder- say if i had the demerit points applicable on my overseas licence and if I go after having an sa driving licnece - what will happen to those demerit point? will they be carried forward to the sa oz licence or I'll get away from that??? and will have the full points on the new one??????

:wubclub:"

Guest wayniexagt

my mrs got flashed . was sent out the fine but because shes got an international licence she doesnt get the points ..... just paid the 75 bux and away she went

Guest ozinpom

The police have records of everything and they don't forget. For example, my brother returned to NSW after 35 years and they still had it on record that he had held a licence there. State to state may be different. Just be aware that you may think you've got away with something and it may bite you in the bum.

Archived