Skills assessment quiery.

Ike

Hi all, I was wondering if somebody could clear this up for me.

I have been researching now for hours and my head is caved in. :arghh:

My situation is this, I am heading over on a WHV in March. Now, what we would like to do is possibly get on a 457 visa whilst over there. After that look at trying to get our permenant one.

As a welder, my trade is on the GSM list. My quiery is about the assesment of this with Vetassess.

Would it be possible, and if so, worth my while getting assessed before I leave the UK? My thinking being if i get this done now its out of the way, and things will be smoother later on.

As always your help is appreciated.

Hi all, I was wondering if somebody could clear this up for me.

I have been researching now for hours and my head is caved in. :arghh:

My situation is this, I am heading over on a WHV in March. Now, what we would like to do is possibly get on a 457 visa whilst over there. After that look at trying to get our permenant one.

As a welder, my trade is on the GSM list. My quiery is about the assesment of this with Vetassess.

Would it be possible, and if so, worth my while getting assessed before I leave the UK? My thinking being if i get this done now its out of the way, and things will be smoother later on.

As always your help is appreciated.

Hi there,

It would be a lot easier and cheaper to get an ARTC ( Australian Recognised Trade Certificate) than going through VETASSESS. You are eligible to apply for one on a WHV. Bear in mind that this is not a licence and merely a skills assessment . Don't know what the licencing requirements are for welders as I'm a Spark myself.

Check out this LINK to the TRA about an ARTC.

Regards Derren

Archived