New migrant assistance on arrival in WA??

Guest ConfusedPoms!

Guest ConfusedPoms!

Hi,

Bit of a way off for us but as we are now in 2011, hopefully not that far away:biggrin:

Was just wondering if there is any assistance for new migrants to WA?? Sure I read on SA website a while ago that their state government offer assistance to new migrants, such as 12 weeks reasonably priced rental accomodation fully furnished (That you need to apply for but only have to pay a couple of weeks up front ) also a meet and greet service on arrival in OZ and assistance with finding work etc.......Obviously this all sounds great as moving the other side of the world can be quite daunting!!!!

Does any body know if there is any thing similar to this in WA? I have looked on the internet but can't seem to find anything? If not, what would anybody recommend for accomodation when first arriving? Not really keen on the thought of agreeing to a 6/12 month tenancy this end without even seeing the place/area/not knowing where we will find work etc.....

Any advice much appreciated as always :wubclub:

No they do not do that and SA won't be for much longer either.

It isn't that hard to get set up. I recommend that you book some short term / holiday letting accommodation for arrival for about three or four weeks perhaps, that is plenty of time to secure a longer term rental.

Archived