Anyone else BETTER off under the new points system?

Goochie

As a mechanical design engineer with a BEng degree and accredited qualifications from the Engineering Council, I think I'm actually going to be better off under the proposed new points system.

I've read many threads on here where people seem to be worse off and read an article in a magazine today that was all doom and gloom for trades people.

But surely I cant be alone in finding I'm better off under the new system?

I'm still collating the info before lodging my application but I'm really in no rush to get it done before July.

I dont want this to look like I'm gloating so I'm sorry if it comes across that way - I'm just curious to see if anyone else thinks the same?

I would no longer qualify for a 175 visa (the one I got), since the removal of the MODL points and since I turned 40. If I were applying today I would have to get state sponsorship.

However under the new points test and I would qualify without state sponsorship.

It just depends on one's situation, some benefit others don't.

I'm better off with the new points system as well but all will depend on the new SOL. If my occupation is not in the new SOL, it won't matter how many points I get... :daydreaming:

Archived