Currumbin Sanctuary

whopperdaisy

Guest guest30038

Without doubt. Feeding the lorrikeets is a photo opportunity not to be missed and all kids enjoy a train ride. Look out for the emu though, it can be grumpy.

kev

Guest guest30038
You will love it WD, My children think its so much fun, me too actually. Great day out, right near the bech too.

Yes, an excellent way to wind down after leaving. The beach there is really kid friendly at low.

kev

Guest Guest40285
Yes, an excellent way to wind down after leaving. The beach there is really kid friendly at low.

kev

To true Kev, The surf club is a good place for a feed too great views :cool:

Guest The Pom Queen

Been there a couple of times and even done the night walk, it is great for the kids, ours loved it and thought it was better than the Australian Zoo. All the animals are in great condition and well cared for.

Guest guest30038
You two are really whetting my appetite now, thanks guys. Maybe some day we'll have to do a PIO day out there :cool:

Can't afford it chook. It's terribly expensive in Australia now :wink: :rolleyes:

kev

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cakes Galore

Been several times, only 5 mins down the road from us, its a great day out, get there early though for the lorikeet feeding!

BTW you can go in and do just the lorikeet feeding at the beginning or the end of the day for free, go the cafe and the gift shop, without paying and going in the rest of the park :wink:

Guest Cakes Galore
We loved it and even more so as we stopped off to either Target of Kmart to buy a couple of sun caps for the kids and on the back of the docket was a half price voucher. Bargain!!

Good one, theres always a voucher for something on lots of the big stores receipts, well worth a look!

Guest headinabox

Yes, keep your eyes peeled for these discount tickets as they keep popping up.

It's a great place and I could spend all day riding around on the little train! Hmm, now I've just talked myself into going back down there with the kids - once I find a discount voucher of course.

we went yesterday and had our best day in Oz so far! Loved feeding the Koalas, the croc is massive, My Mam held a snake (which is amazing as she has always had a pathological fear of snakes) and the Koalas are so cute although very little ones are only allowed to pet them not hold them. The Lorikeets are fantastic and they do a feeding session at the end of the day to. there was more there than we could fit in in one day. Mc lovin it!

I'm lucky enough to back onto this, over my back fence is the sanctuary. We get woken up every morning by the Dingoes, Lorikeets, Cockatoos and Kookaburras. They dont half make a racket, its a nice noise though.

Guest headinabox

Vouchers/ Shop-A-Dockets are definitely out there. Just got one yesterday on the back of a Coles receipt. Adults at kids prices ($31 rather than $49 for up to 5 people).

Archived