visa l65 state sponsored visa

stevenpasha

Guest ThirdPhaseAdventure

My understanding is that 165/164/163's are in the same pool and take the same time. We were looking at a 165 and investigated it carefully before going for the 163 which we got in October. Once state sponsorship is lined up you submit to DIAC where the service level is quoted at 9 months for low risk countries. I think 12 months is more realistic from my own experience, although it varies 9-15 months according to other posters on this site. From getting a CO to granting the visa, provided all other paperwork is in order, can be as short as a month, depending how rapidly you organise your medicals & courier police checks to Aus.

yup people who applied for 163/165 in sept 09 seemed to get COs in Oct 2010 (including us) but the CO's haven't got to our application to actually do anything with it yet!!

There were some delays last year though so it is possible that applications lodged later than ours may well be processed faster in the end.

We lodged 163 end Sept 09 and got COin Oct 2010 but we only found out by checking and the CO has not yet got to deal with our application.

When we applied for a 165 in 2006 we got it in less than 6 months!!!

Archived