Employment Reference - out of date

Eddie2010

Guest AustrAnglian

Hi Jodie, as far as I'm aware it's the validity at the time of visa lodgement that counts, including the experience which is for the period up to the date of lodgement.. If DIAC feel the need to confirm your experience is genuine then they may want to contact the person providing the reference, but I don't think this is necessary most of the time and I've never heard of updated references being required. I don't have a CO yet myself so I'm sure others who have already gained their visas will be able to confirm this. All the best with your application.

Guest VickyMel

We lodged our application in Sept 2009 including a copy of a letter from my OH employer. We have recently got a CO and have not been asked to update this. However, I have seen some people asked to provide evidence of continued employment. I think some have been able to provide bank statements showing they are still employed in same job?

Good luck

VickyMel

Once you lodge an application with current work experience, it should stay current for that application forever. If there are changes in the company, it is up to Diac to investigate or ask questions. My friend worked for a company which was acuired by another one and the managers who signed his reference were fired.

I think they will ask if they need something. But if you know any changes to the reference I think you can upload it to your documents (e.g. phone numbers.) But remember you are not giving this reference as for a real estate agent, it is not to prove your character, but concrete work experience!

Hi, I have lodged my application 175 on the 17th Dec with current employment reference. I understand as I am cat 3 my application may not be looked at for 18mo - 24mo - In which time my employment ref will be out of date.

Can anyone tell me what the normal procedure is in these cases, will I be contacted to provide a more up to date reference when the time comes? Or do DIAC contact my employer ref to see if it is still current?

Any advise will be great. Thanks Jodie

Hi,

After lodging your application this is your responsibility to update DIAC of any change in your circumstances, which includes change in your employment also. It is upto DIAC whether they will contact your current employer or not but IMHO they shall not.

Regards

Archived