Addition of a new family member

Ezy Going

Hello, I was wondering if some one could answer my concern.

I have been sponsored by SA and am expecting to get a CO in start of next year. However I plan to move to Australia in the start of 2012. My application to DIAC consists of myself and my wife. However by the time we move (start of 2012), if we have a new addition in the family then how does it effect my move?

How will I add the baby to my application to DIAC?

Do I need to inform the state that sponsored me also?

In short what other things that I should before moving to Aus?

Hi Ezy

If the new addition arrives before the visas are granted all you need to do is fill in change of circumstances form and upload the baby's passport and birth certificate and arrange for medicals when you do yours. Then all three visas will be granted together.

However note that visas are individual things, so whilst you can add someone to an application for a visa you cannot add them to a visa; that concept does not work as we all have our own visa. So if baby is born after you get your visas bit before you are in Australia, you would have to apply for a child visa.

If the baby is born in Australia whilst you are on PR then he or she is an Australian citizen by birth.

Hi Ezy

If the new addition arrives before the visas are granted all you need to do is fill in change of circumstances form and upload the baby's passport and birth certificate and arrange for medicals when you do yours. Then all three visas will be granted together.

However note that visas are individual things, so whilst you can add someone to an application for a visa you cannot add them to a visa; that concept does not work as we all have our own visa. So if baby is born after you get your visas bit before you are in Australia, you would have to apply for a child visa.

If the baby is born in Australia whilst you are on PR then he or she is an Australian citizen by birth.

Hello Punmkin,

Thanks a lot for the useful info. It really clarify all my concerns.

Archived