frankston north/south??

wishfulthinking

Frankston South and Frankston itself are ok, such estates as Lakewood etc. Not sure if Lakewood is in the Frankston high catchment.

Frankston South is in Frankston high school catchment.

Frankston north has a lot of public housing and its not that visually appealing although its flat. Its cheaper for a reason.

A lot of the housing has been purchased for investment in Frankston North these days. So you have a mish mash of people living there.

Frankston South on the other hand is expensive and on the hill and some of the streets lead down to the Bay.

Good luck

Guest The Pom Queen

I would forget Frankston North it is labelled as being the worst part of Frankston. Frankston South is totally different, but it still gets a bad reputation because it's in Frankston. If they gave Frankston South another name or classed it as Mt Eliza it would be a highly desirable area and property prices would go up overnight. Although, saying that we have a couple of friends who live on the hill (Frankston South/Olivers Hill) and their property is valued at a few million now. They have gorgeous views of the bay and the city.

Also need to watch parts of Karingal top end of Lakewood and Tahni Lodge all bordering on the new Peninsula Link freeway being built. So if you rented anywhere near there it will be noisy, dusty etc until it opens in a few years.

Best of Frankston South is bayside of the Moorooduc Road and more particularly Neil, Violet and those streets very nice area.

My friends live in Lakewood lovely house but they are 200 metres away from the new freeway.

Guest juliemtaylor

be very careful if you want to get your kids into Frankston High and look on their website for the exact catchment area/school zone you need to live in and how to apply etc.

Julie x

I live in karringal x which is classed as frankston south and it has opened my eyes ! you could live in a fantastic part or mornington and have neighbours from HELL ! and only one side !!! if they moved out i would buy a house on this estate ! and i would rent again around this area (BUT RENTING IS A DIFFERENT BALL GAME CAUSE MY HOUSE AT THE MO IS SO NOT THOUGHT OUT ! as i deliver catalogues to frankston south and west !! I have even been to east !!!! frankston north is again the same !!!! they have a FANTASTIC outdoor pool but all you need to do is drive up the street !!! then again i have been to frankston south to olivers hill and OMG ! (LOCATION !!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD NOT PUT A DOG IN THEIR !_

i now KNow areas ! and its not about how big their house is or how big !!!! its about the people that care about their homes. The new mornington (WHICH IS GOING TO GO TO MORNNGTON !!!!!! road is going in and i have to say you dont hear much of the noise as everyone finishes work at 4.00 pm as i have been one these road when they are excavating and dumpin and some of the homes on these roads are looked after and the people some of the nicest people i have got to know !!!!

good luck with your search x

Neighbours from hell live in all areas :laugh: We have had a couple over the years, however we outlasted them.

Talking about Frankston though I like some of the streets which are between Cranbourne Road and Beach Road, nice older houses, close to transport and the shops. Walk to everything. Mum used to live around there but its too hilly for her now.

Nolan and William Streets are ok streets too close to everything.

Jasper Terrace has lovely views from the houses in that street.

Whistlestop Estate also has streets with terrific views of the bay.

all i can STRESSS is you need to c for yourself !!!!! dont commit to anythin you havent seen !!!! and dont judge an area !!! or a school as only you will know xxxx you might think omg i want my kids in frankston high school !!! ITS THE BEST !!!!! (but ! ) 2 sides of every coin !

carole

Archived