ANYONE IN MELBOURNE WANT TO MEET FOR A COFFEE/TEA/WINE

Guest abeattie

Guest abeattie

Hi All,

Not been on for a while now, moved to Melbourne from Wales Nov 05, got hubby settled into work and kids into school (Rhiannon 14 & Rhys 10).

Love living here but, miss friends and family :roll:

Havn't managed to find work for myself yet but, still trying :roll:

We live in the western suburbs, does anyone want to meet up for a drink sometime and share experiences ???

Got to go for now hopefully have someone to chat to soon. :shock:

Regards,

Angie & Sean

• 1 month later...
Guest leesam

Hi Angie,

My name is Sam and my husband is Lee, we have only just moved over here from Weymouth in Dorset. We arrived just a week ago so all is very hectic still as you well no! I was just remembering how good this site was in England for info and thought i'd try it out here now ive finally found a library with net!

So how have you found things so far? We have only seen a little so far but looks good. We are in the eastern suburbs.

I miss my family and friends already i'm hoping it will get easier given time.

Any way when we are a bit more settled it would be great to meet up. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sam

Guest Missiemo

Hi Ange and Sean

We are moving to Melbourne in June, very excited, I hope it is all you dreamed it would be.

I guess missing friends and family are my main concern, but will not miss the UK.

Will contact you when we arrive

Take Care

Mo and Nick

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stephanielouise981

hi,

We are waiting for our pre grant letter and are moving to Melbourne soon (hopefully) we're also moving to the western suburbs (point cook).

We are very keen to get a good social life going when we get over there and would love to meet up with fellow poms.

Steph

x

Hi Steph

I really hope you get the news u r waiting for soon.

When you do have a date let me know, send a PM and we will all try to meet, it would a lovely start to a new beginning.

Good Luck

Guest stephanielouise981

I will do thanks.

I just want to be over there now. It's so hard waiting.

Steph x

Guest Nelson

Hey Angie.. We're hoping to move to the western suburbs too and have a 14 year old girl and a 10 year old boy (the 18 year old is staying here for uni). We are thinking of moving to Point Cook or Sanctuary Lakes... do you know them? How have you found it all so far? Which suburb are you living in?????

Guest stephanielouise981

Hi Krista,

I'm not in Australia yet but my Mum lives in Point cook. I was there feb/march this year and I loved it. It's a really lovely area and you get so much for your money there too. It's got a great little shopping centre and is also fairly close to a larger one with plenty of good shops. Plus, it's not far from the city.

I think there are a few brits living there.

http://www.realestate.com.au shows loads of houses.

Steph x

• 3 months later...

Hi Angie & Sean

My name is Tom, my wife and two children (jack4 harry1) are just starting the process of emigrating to Melbourne. Obviously we are a little aprehensive and would just like to hear some views of people living out there. I am a bricklayer and Mel is a teacher.

Sorry it's not related to the topic you posted hope you don,t mind the email.

Thanks alot Tom & Mel :lol:

Guest Missiemo
Hi Angie & Sean

My name is Tom, my wife and two children (jack4 harry1) are just starting the process of emigrating to Melbourne. Obviously we are a little aprehensive and would just like to hear some views of people living out there. I am a bricklayer and Mel is a teacher.

Sorry it's not related to the topic you posted hope you don,t mind the email.

Thanks alot Tom & Mel :lol:

Hi Tom

We are now two months down the line of living in Mornington, my husband is also a bricklayer.

You will have many worries and doubts but do not worry you will be fine.

PLease do not hesitate to contact me should you want any info or help with anything.

Kindest regards

Mo

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Hi Ang and Sean

We too are hoping to come to Melbourne, I hear you have a room at your place for when we arrive. I hope the offer is still open. Stock up your beer fridge and wine cellar and hopefully see you soon.

Cheers Cousin. Love Mandie and Nathan and boys.

Guest Missiemo
Hi Mo

Thanks for the reply, could you tell me how easy has your husband found it to find work.

Thanks Tom

Hi Tom

Nick is hoping to get set up by himself, but at the moment he has been working for a large contractor 15 mins down the road, work can be a bit hit and miss, but once you get in with the right people you will be fine, hang in there, when are you heading out.

Hi Mo

Only started my application one month ago. I've got an emigration company sorting things out for so i'm hoping they will be able to move things along quicker than if i did it myself, and for what they charge i hope they do.

Guest Missiemo
Hi Mo

Only started my application one month ago. I've got an emigration company sorting things out for so i'm hoping they will be able to move things along quicker than if i did it myself, and for what they charge i hope they do.

Hi Tom

Well good luck with it.

Stay in touch and let us know how you go.

Mo

Hi Angie and sean, I have replied to another post of urs. We will be living nearby (i think) when we eventually get over there. Would be great to meet up.

Hayley :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest abeattie

hi Missimo,

How are you finding it living in Mornington ? we travel there sometimes on the weekends it is a beautiful part of melbourne to live in. What made you choose there ?

Do you fancy meeting up one weekend for a chat ?

from

Ang & Sean

Guest abeattie
Hi Angie,

My name is Sam and my husband is Lee, we have only just moved over here from Weymouth in Dorset. We arrived just a week ago so all is very hectic still as you well no! I was just remembering how good this site was in England for info and thought i'd try it out here now ive finally found a library with net!

So how have you found things so far? We have only seen a little so far but looks good. We are in the eastern suburbs.

I miss my family and friends already i'm hoping it will get easier given time.

Any way when we are a bit more settled it would be great to meet up. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the delay in replying, would love to meet up you can contact me at angelabeattie@optusnet.com.au

Regards,

Ang & Sean

Hi Ang & Sean,

Flight booked for 16th Oct ( 3 weeks and 5 days!!) Will let u know when we arrive, It will be great to meet up and chat with people who are having the same experience as us.

Take care

Hayley

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gillian

hello all

my name is Gillian and we moved here 4 weeks ago,would love to meet up for a coffee etc,i live in Altona,and have a car so can meet in Point cook,or Werribee where ever really,would love to have a chat.

Have sent an email to you Angie,hope you don't mind,and hayley maybe we will see you in a few weeks time.

Bye for now

Guest abeattie

Hi Gill,

Arranging a meet for coffee on Monday morning around 10 ish if you would like to join us email me and I will give you my tel number to arrange.

Anyone else interested in joining please feel free, it will be great to catch up.

Bye for now

Ang

x

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

My family & I are flying out to Melbourne 31st Jan 07. We'll be heading to a suburb called Rowville so if any of you guys are relatively nearby then I would love to meet up for a coffee/chat etc..

Hope to hear from you,

Anita x

Hi Mo, hope all is well with u and family. We have finally arrived down under and after 5 weeks in werribee are we have decided to move to mornington, visited a couple of weekends ago and wanted to stay!! We are renting in Mount Martha. We might be neighbours very soon!! Move in mon 27th. :D

Archived