Medications being posted from UK to Oz?

shaunkaren

I was hoping to get my parents to post out some antihistamines from the UK as they are LOADS cheaper and three of us get hayfever. The cost from Tesco's is £2.04 for 30 tablets compared to $20+ for 30 here. Does anyone know whether they can be packed in a parcel with other stuff such as books and chocolates? We are getting it delivered via courier and have been told no drugs in box. We have had friends bring back boxes from the UK in their hold luggage before and not had any problems.

Any advice gratefully received as parcel being picked up on Friday!

Thanks Karen

Karen

We have only had creams or asthma inhalers sent over but each time we have a visitor they bring us enough medical items to supply boots!

What Can't Be Mailed To Australia? - DAFF

I doesn't say anything here about medication providing it doesn't contain plant or animal products.

If it were me I would be putting them in the parcel but leaving them in the boxes.

regards

Michelle

Guest Prickles83

We have been thinking exactly the same thing today- they are a lot cheaper in the UK but more importantly they actually work!! Have you tried some of the tablets over here? A lot of our friends suffering from hayfever and don't seem to be getting any relief from medication over here. Luckily my OH still has tablets from the UK at the moment but he only has about 3 weeks supply left.

Can anyone else advise if it's okay to get hayfever tablets sent over?

My OH sends over medication to his mum every couple of months and there's never been any issue. He just sends it on its own and declares what it is on the customs declaration.

If you watch the Nothing to Declare TV programme, everything get's xray'd. So just make sure it's kept in it's original box and declare it on the customs note.

I was hoping to get my parents to post out some antihistamines from the UK as they are LOADS cheaper and three of us get hayfever. The cost from Tesco's is £2.04 for 30 tablets compared to $20+ for 30 here. Does anyone know whether they can be packed in a parcel with other stuff such as books and chocolates? We are getting it delivered via courier and have been told no drugs in box. We have had friends bring back boxes from the UK in their hold luggage before and not had any problems.

Any advice gratefully received as parcel being picked up on Friday!

Thanks Karen

I don`t know if this is of any use to you ...

I read recently that through your Doctor in Australia it is possible to have a course of injections that get rid of hayfever completely .

Archived