Confused regarding ACS reassessment and PR relodgement

maxx

Hello guys,

Sorry if the question I ask here have been already addressed in some other threads. Its been since 2 days only I started going to the online discussion regarding 885 visa and immi (and I have been sleepless since then :mad:).

I applied for 885 visa under occupation Computing Professionals – nec 2231-79 (cat 4) on May 2010. At the time I applied I thought my application would be finalized no later than end of 2012. However now I have come to learn that due to post July 2010 immi priority arragements, cat 4 applications wouldn't be looked at unless all the applications on cat 1,2 & 3 are finalized.

Does this mean that cat 4 applications will never get their turn? Obviosuly cat 3 applications will never stop coming. All the PR applications July 2010 onwards will be either on cat 1,2 or 3.

Anyway, I did some googling about cat 4 and options available for applicants on this category and came accross few topics about skill reassessment and PR application relodgement thing. However I have few confusion here. Following is my current status:

- I've been working as fulltime Application Developer since 1.5 years.

- I still have my Graduate (VC 485) visa valid for few more months

- I still have valid IELTS (general) for few more months

- Employer nomination is not option for me as I'm slightly below the minimun salary requirement for Software Programmer/Developer/Analyst role.

- I just applied for ACS assessment (recent grad with ICT exprience category) yesterday for Developer Programmer

Now my confusion is here: If I get the positive assessment for Developer Programmer:

- Am I eligible to relogde the PR application from scratch by nomitating differnet occupation (Developer Programmer) than the one I had nominated for Graduate 485 visa (Computing Professional nec )?

- If I'm eligible to lodge new application, do I need to withdraw my previous application before I file new one?

- And finally if I do lodge the new application by nominating occupation on new SOL, should I try for DRC? Yeah, I have read that since Nov 1, DRC applies to cat 2 only, but does that mean that new cat 3 applications with or without DRC will have same processing time?

Thank you very much in advance for your inputs.

Maxx

Guest perfectstranger
Hello guys,

Sorry if the question I ask here have been already addressed in some other threads. Its been since 2 days only I started going to the online discussion regarding 885 visa and immi (and I have been sleepless since then :mad:).

I applied for 885 visa under occupation Computing Professionals – nec 2231-79 (cat 4) on May 2010. At the time I applied I thought my application would be finalized no later than end of 2012. However now I have come to learn that due to post July 2010 immi priority arragements, cat 4 applications wouldn't be looked at unless all the applications on cat 1,2 & 3 are finalized.

Does this mean that cat 4 applications will never get their turn? Obviosuly cat 3 applications will never stop coming. All the PR applications July 2010 onwards will be either on cat 1,2 or 3.

Anyway, I did some googling about cat 4 and options available for applicants on this category and came accross few topics about skill reassessment and PR application relodgement thing. However I have few confusion here. Following is my current status:

- I've been working as fulltime Application Developer since 1.5 years.

- I still have my Graduate (VC 485) visa valid for few more months

- I still have valid IELTS (general) for few more months

- Employer nomination is not option for me as I'm slightly below the minimun salary requirement for Software Programmer/Developer/Analyst role.

- I just applied for ACS assessment (recent grad with ICT exprience category) yesterday for Developer Programmer

Now my confusion is here: If I get the positive assessment for Developer Programmer:

- Am I eligible to relogde the PR application from scratch by nomitating differnet occupation (Developer Programmer) than the one I had nominated for Graduate 485 visa (Computing Professional nec )? (Yes, you will need to pay full fees and second application will need to be paper-based, not online)

- If I'm eligible to lodge new application, do I need to withdraw my previous application before I file new one? (No, you can have as many PR applications in the queue)

- And finally if I do lodge the new application by nominating occupation on new SOL, should I try for DRC? Yeah, I have read that since Nov 1, DRC applies to cat 2 only, but does that mean that new cat 3 applications with or without DRC will have same processing time? (DRC can be filed by Agents only, not sure about post-nov 1 changes though)

Thank you very much in advance for your inputs.

Maxx

Hope that helps

Archived