Worried about my dog on the plane

Guest shie6523

Guest shie6523

Hi,

I'm possibly flying out to Sydney in January 2011 (visa approved and job waiting for me - currently negotiating a start date). I have a 5 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier coming with me.

He's very scared of bangs, loud noises, motorbikes etc.

I'm concerned as to how he will cope on the flight over to Sydney. Does anybody have any similar experiences when they took their dog over there?

I'm worried about the noise levels on the plane and whether my dog could cope with these noises for the duration of his flight out there.

Any response would be most welcome.

Cheers

Darren.

Guest aussie06

hello,

I was a bit like you... finally I resigned myself to think that he can cope with it if he is trained to it... so I oftenly take him in his crate, goes around the airport to hear the plane sounds, in public transportation to hear the noise, in the car to ear the engine, in the removal truck when we had to take our furnitures to the self-storage company...

he is still not happy tp get in the crate when I put the door on, but at least he knows it won't last too long...

And moreover he uses the crate as an everyday kennel in our appartment (without the door of course) then he could appropriates the crate, and feel like he is safe in it...

Archived