which visa for my parents?

chicken

:goofy:

Im a bit confused so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I moved over here with a PR visa in Jan. My parents are considering their options and how they could move here to be with us. We looked into the parent visa but i've just noticed that my dads trades are listed on the skilled workers visa list -he's a wall and floor tiler and general plumber. So he has two trades which are on the list. Does anyone know which visa it would be best to go for? Im thinking the skilled visa as the wait will be less than the parent visa and they certainly cant afford the cpv. They are both still v.early 50's and very healthy. But is he too old to get the skilled visa?

thanks

x

Guest Gollywobbler
:goofy:

Im a bit confused so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I moved over here with a PR visa in Jan. My parents are considering their options and how they could move here to be with us. We looked into the parent visa but i've just noticed that my dads trades are listed on the skilled workers visa list -he's a wall and floor tiler and general plumber. So he has two trades which are on the list. Does anyone know which visa it would be best to go for? Im thinking the skilled visa as the wait will be less than the parent visa and they certainly cant afford the cpv. They are both still v.early 50's and very healthy. But is he too old to get the skilled visa?

thanks

x

Hi Chicken

"Early 50s" is too vague. What is Dad's exact age at the moment, please?

Also, does he have any formal, paper qualifications as a Wall & Floor Tiler? Did he do a formal apprenticeship in that field?

Cheers

Gill

Archived