Please Help Long Delay in External checks

ITpro

Guest Abelardo

Going through a similar thing.

I was born in Iran, left that country as a kid, and have not even been anywhere near the Middle East since 1990 (I was 9 years old then).

Looking at the events of the last decade and the threat that some (insane) people with Muslim backgrounds seem are posing to the Western world, I do understand that these checks have to be performed. And I also understand that asylum seekers are given priority in the checking process due to humanitarian reasons.

What frustrates me is that DIAC is more than happy to say that the case is not in their hands without giving any indication whether it's a week, a month, 6 month, a year or 2 years you will have to wait. "Not knowing" is one of the worst feelings I have ever enountered. I am an onshore applicant with currently with working rights, and somebody could deem me "illegal" with the stroke of a pen. It is a bit degrading, especially seeing all my friends receiving their visas in a matter of weeks.

I am sure that ASIO and DIAC could put systems in place to, at least, let the applicants know some rough details around the process and likely wait of their security checks (e.g. that these are stuck in a different jurisdiction).

i am also from Pakistan and going through these checks since March`10...

it is really annoying....

ASIO confirmed to have received the referral...

it is not our fault that we were born in Pakistan...

anyways if you come up with any method to contact the local authority responsible to carry our these checks,do share the information!!!

thanks!!!

Hi,

I read somewhere on BE that in Pakistan security checks are done by Special Branch of Police at provincial level and some one mentioned that it is done by Immigration Wing of FIA. Here is the discussion link:http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685692&highlight=FIA&page=7

Here is web link of FIA:Federal Investigation Agency - Government of Pakistan

Here is the link for Pakistan Police:http://www.sindhpolice.gov.pk/investigation_branch.htm

regards

Guest stealth
Hi,

I read somewhere on BE that in Pakistan security checks are done by Special Branch of Police at provincial level and some one mentioned that it is done by Immigration Wing of FIA. Here is the discussion link:Complaint at Feedback Page - Page 7 : British Expat Discussion Forum

Here is web link of FIA:Federal Investigation Agency - Government of Pakistan

Here is the link for Pakistan Police:Sindh Police Official Website

regards

have you ever tried contacting them???

have you ever tried contacting them???

Hi,

No dear, I did not. Neither I had time nor the resources. Do you know someone working with these departments?

Regards

Guest stealth
Hi,

No dear, I did not. Neither I had time nor the resources. Do you know someone working with these departments?

Regards

i don`t

plus i believe contacting your CO or DIAC related staff is better than this. Keeping in view the conventional sluggish response from these deptt.,it is useless to contact them in person...they wont utter any meaningful word...:huh:

Guest stealth
I got lucky - they did not do any employment checks for me so it was pretty quick.

that is common...employment verification is random process...

Guest Alucard
that is common...employment verification is random process...

Really now? Wouldn't that let a lot of fraudulent people in. I think it depends on the company and the quality of your references.

Guest stealth
Really now? Wouldn't that let a lot of fraudulent people in. I think it depends on the company and the quality of your references.

i too had job verification and it went smooth...

but dont you think verifying any one on phone is just so lame.i mean how will they know whether they are talking to some right person or not...anyways i think verification if necessary,should be done in person...

2ndly they carry out security checks for HR applicant like Pakistanis becoz they consider them suitable to scrutinize owing to reputation of the countries and their local departments and still they rely on local security agencies to carry out these checks...isn`t it strange???

Guest Alucard
i too had job verification and it went smooth...

but dont you think verifying any one on phone is just so lame.i mean how will they know whether they are talking to some right person or not...anyways i think verification if necessary,should be done in person...

2ndly they carry out security checks for HR applicant like Pakistanis becoz they consider them suitable to scrutinize owing to reputation of the countries and their local departments and still they rely on local security agencies to carry out these checks...isn`t it strange???

Very valid points.

Guest stealth
Very valid points.

Plus i do believe if Pakistani local security agencies had been so active and dependable, they would have abolished the terrorism inside Pakistan...they were totally failed and hence i believe these security assessment phase is just adding to waiting period nothing else!!!:huh:

i don`t

plus i believe contacting your CO or DIAC related staff is better than this. Keeping in view the conventional sluggish response from these deptt.,it is useless to contact them in person...they wont utter any meaningful word...:huh:

Exactly.

Guest guest41018
Hi again

The logical next step is to find out about the fuss about Pharmacists who have emigrated to Oz.

Plainly, when some of the Pharmacists who have already emigrated to Oz are said to be so unfamiliar with the English language and so unfamiliar with the types and dosages of the drugs prescribed in Oz that the already-migrated Pharmacists are in danger of killing Aussies, the first thing that DIAC would do is to put a fatwah on all Pharmacists until DIAC gets a green light from elsewhere the Government.

The announcements from DIAC are extremely general and broad in nature. Your wife is one of the very few "odd men out" in the whole fuss about Pharmacists. However, Government departments like DIAC make no apologies for using very crude, blunt instruments that catch people like your wife. She is an unintentional target. She merely happens to be in the target group that is causing serious medical concern.

DIAC won't apologise for that because if she is as good as you say, a hospital in Australia in an area that is short of Hospital Pharmacists should be ripping her arms off to offer her an employer-sponsored visa and job, should they not?

DIAC themselves can't tell one Pharmacist from the next one. DIAC process visas for a living. They don't know anything about Pharmacy. It is not DIAC's job to know about Pharmacy. DIAC will not make the value-judgement between a Pharmacist who might be brilliant at Pharmacy in Oz and one who might kill an Aussie or two by mistake. DIAC will simply wait for somebody else in the Aussie Government to tell them what the Government wants DIAC to do about visa applications from Pharmacists.

Please click on my user-name to the left of this post and send me a quick e-mail, not a PM. Once I have your e-mail address, I will draft a letter to David, in Word, telling him that I think the real problem with your wife's visa application is that she is a Pharmacist. I strongly suspect that everything else is a red herring.

Once you and I are both happy with the draft, I will e-mail David myself, with a copy to you. I hardly ever get involved in individual visa applications myself. David knows that and he also knows that I wouldn't get involved with your own application unless it is because I think there is an unusual problem that he ought to look into. If he is given the right sort of prompting and is told where to look, he will go and look.

Pakistan is the wrong place to look because the real problem here is to look in the corner - the corner that deals with immigrant Pharmacists who are allegedly dangerous for the patients in Oz. Forget the burble about your visa application will be processed because you had a CO several months ago. No visa application will get processed if the prospective immigrant might kill an Aussie lying in a hospital bed, plainly.

I think that if we can find out what is happening about that bit, then it should be possible to get David to instruct the ASPC that your wife is one of the Pharmacists who should ve given a visa promptly, since she is plainly not going to kill anybody through poor English and/or an inadequate knowledge about the drugs used in Oz.

I do think that with her the problem is Pharmacy, not Pakistan, if you see what I mean.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

We've chatted to our agent, but haven't told him about contacting David Wilden again though. What we have decided is that we will contact IGIS and wait for a confirmation from them. Having seen a few sites (like british expats), the timelines for those deemed Pakistani seems consistent with what we are going through, although we are at the slow end; on the thread I set up regarding pharmacists and the new priority arragements, someone stated that a couple of pharmacists got their visas last month (Zimbabwe/Egypt). It would be rather embarrassing if we contacted David Wilden a second time without iron-clad confirmation as to whether we are still on security assessment or not - I doubt IGIS/ASIO could say we were when we weren't. If that comes back as completed, then we will definately want to go down your suggested route of contacting David Wilden regarding the pharmacy issue.

Should know in the next couple of weeks and will get back in touch then.

Many thanks again

Roundomus.

Archived