Bringing my dog to UK without quarantine

Guest cielo

I am moving to UK and want to bring my dog. He has all her rabies test up to date but apparently she still has to go into quarantine for 6 months anyway because she is coming from a country that is not on the pet passport list. I really don’t want to do this as he could not cope with that. Also the price is ridiculously expensive. Is there anyone with experience of going through this that can suggest an alternative to quarantine? Thanks for the help

Guest chris955

I'm assuming you are in Australia ? If so then as long as the dog has it's rabies shots up to date it definitely doesn't need to go through quarantine.

Guest The Pom Queen
I am moving to UK and want to bring my dog. He has all her rabies test up to date but apparently she still has to go into quarantine for 6 months anyway because she is coming from a country that is not on the pet passport list. I really don’t want to do this as he could not cope with that. Also the price is ridiculously expensive. Is there anyone with experience of going through this that can suggest an alternative to quarantine? Thanks for the help

Hi Cielo

Welcome to PIO. That is correct, as you are moving from the Philippines she would need to do the quarantine period. However, there are other ways to avoid quarantine, but it is still costly and means you being apart from your dog for a minimum of 6 months. One such way is to find a pet carer in a non quarantine country for example France where your dog can stay in a normal family home whilst under going the Pet Passport to arrive in the UK. I have attached the French Import Certificate for you to have a look at. Just remember to keep the rabies vaccine up to date. If you need any help just shout.

Kate

Guest sweetpea101

I had an issue recently where i wanted to bring my dog from a country that was not on a pet passport country to Ireland which is same as uk regulations.The only option was to stick her in quarantine for 6 months and get charged about 3k or bring her to an eu country for 6 months before brining her to Ireland on a pet passport, allowing me to skip quarantine in Ireland.This is a a toy dog that has never been left alone and slept every night on our pillow so there was no way i was putting her in quarantine or even in boarding kennel abroad. So I got a friends mother in czech republic to mind her for 6 months for 1500 . She lives in the house and has another dog to play with and a big back garden. For me that was a much better option than putting her in quarantine for 6 months .Its a quite country village where the neighbors are very close so the dog is in the next door neighbors house all the time also .The mother or next door neighbor would probably take another dog as they love them and have taken dogs in similar circumstances before. If you want me to ask you can drop me a private message

Archived