work experience

sylvandsam

Hi All,

Can anyone give us a straight answer on how much work experience/qualification you need to be eligible for state sponsered visa? My husband has retrained as a wall and floor tiler to hopefully get us a visa, but we are not sure wether 12 months is enough or 3 years!! Seem to keep getting conflicting advice.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!:confused:

12 months is enough to meet DIAC's visa requirements but individual states may specify that more experience is required to be eligible and if you want sponsorship, you have to meet their requirements. You'll need to look up the state info to see if they specify any more than 12 months. For example, SA's Interim list specifies 6.5 IELTS in each band for Wall and Floor Tilers, but doesn't mention anything special for work experience. Of course, that could change when their SMP is released.

Sorry, can't help on the NVQ question, but I'm sure someone else will be able to help. Have you searched PIO for NVQ2? That may turn up something relevant. You could also make a new thread with that in the subject line so anyone who knows the answer has a better chance of seeing the question.

Thankyou soooo much!:biggrin: That was the reply we were hoping for! Just on an off chance....don't suppose you know if an NVQ level 2 is sufficient by way of training/qualification? We are hoping so!

Hello

I would advise your Oh to take photos of his work, invoices, buisness cards ect.

If they do question any qualification and work experience thats an effective way to prove you are job ready.

Just good to have as a back up, Also i think the test your oh will have to do stands him in good sted,,,,I think floor and wall tiler are assessed by vetassess.

but worth looking into as i may be wrong.

All the best

Kev

• 4 months later...
Guest mdeejacks

hello, i'm going through a similar thing where i'm required to have 11 (eleven years) experience in order to get the maximum points which is also very confusing as i've also heard diac require 1 so i'm not sure.

would this be the new rules which are being brought in on july 1st this year.

as i'm only just starting out they are advising me on the new rules

any help please

Guest jigarercivil

As per new change you can get different points but as existing rules if you have 3 years exp out of last 4 years than you can get 10 points ... I am sure if yiou have 11 years exp so you can get higher points as per new rules

hello, i'm going through a similar thing where i'm required to have 11 (eleven years) experience in order to get the maximum points which is also very confusing as i've also heard diac require 1 so i'm not sure.

would this be the new rules which are being brought in on july 1st this year.

as i'm only just starting out they are advising me on the new rules

any help please

Archived