can i sponsor any body?

steve goz

Guest Gollywobbler
i am a sole trader but i have to set up as a pty ltd company does this mean i can sponsor an employee or not?:hug:

Hi Steve

Which visa do you want to sponsor somebody for?

Looking at your user-profile, it would seem that you are within the postcodes for Perth Metro? If I'm right about your exact whereabouts then it would narrow it down to two visas:

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

or

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

Try asking the question on the Migration Help forum, I suggest:

Migration Help - Powered by vBulletin

Sheelagh Blanckenburg and Robert Chelliah are both RMAs and both of them are in Perth. There might be a way to do it and if so, both Sheelagh & Robers would be likely to know how to do it.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
hi gill looking at a 475 visa

Hi Steve

I am confused, because in the context of what you said in your first post in this thread, a sc 475 visa would not be an option, as wrussell has said.

Let us start again with this, I suggest.

What, exactly, do you want to do, please? If you mean that you want to sponsor a relative of yours for a subclass 457 visa, the answer is no because according to your user-profile, you live in Rockingham, which is in the Perth Metro area.

Did you make a typo, putting 475 when you meant 457, please?

Please clarify.

Cheers

Gilll

Hi Steve

I am confused, because in the context of what you said in your first post in this thread, a sc 475 visa would not be an option, as wrussell has said.

Let us start again with this, I suggest.

What, exactly, do you want to do, please? If you mean that you want to sponsor a relative of yours for a subclass 457 visa, the answer is no because according to your user-profile, you live in Rockingham, which is in the Perth Metro area.

Did you make a typo, putting 475 when you meant 457, please?

Please clarify.

Cheers

Gill

i have one employee and he is on a years workin holiday visa that expires in january and I want to sponsor him. also im only on ABN. im not sure how to go about keeping him here

It is extremely hard for a sole trader to register as a sponsor, an agent I spoke to informed me.

Unfortunalty, which I have found out the hard way, sponsorship is not just an easy way to keep someone because you like them / they are a good worker..

You have to prove that you have a track record of employing local aussies first, and also, you have to prove that you cannot fill the position locally too.

Archived