Tax rates

Guest LongwayDown

Guest LongwayDown

Yes, plus the super annuation compulsory contributions and penalty rates etc, i know what your saying. Just a quick guide for people though.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
If anyone is interested this may be of use to those heading out here and dispel the myth that tax rates are much lower in Australia than the UK at present.

Tax Rate Comparison UK-AUS « Britz in Oz for British Expats

At least theres work in Australia, theres nowt here in the uk at present, with hundreds of thousands of public sector jobs going, your lucky you live in the best country in the world.:laugh::yes:

• 2 weeks later...
At least theres work in Australia, theres nowt here in the uk at present, with hundreds of thousands of public sector jobs going, your lucky you live in the best country in the world.:laugh::yes:

There is always this image that there are no jobs in the Uk... just depends what sector you are in, All my friends there have jobs and have always had jobs. .I have always had a job, I am going back to the UK in a few weeks.... and am returning to a job..... The ONLY time I haven't had a bleedin job is when I came out here.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
There is always this image that there are no jobs in the Uk... just depends what sector you are in, All my friends there have jobs and have always had jobs. .I have always had a job, I am going back to the UK in a few weeks.... and am returning to a job..... The ONLY time I haven't had a bleedin job is when I came out here.

I advise you to try and get a job before you get back, things are getting pretty desperate here, it doesn't mean that the uk isn't a great country to live in, it is, but............... Australia is better for jobs at present, its a pointless discussion, its like saying the weathers better in the uk, it isn't, its not something to be stressed about, its just a fact, not saying your stressed. Best of luck with what you do, your lucky you can choose to live in either one of the two best countries in the world.

Guest chris955

Yes it definitely seems to depend on what you do and where you live, which obviously is the case anywhere.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Yes it definitely seems to depend on what you do and where you live, which obviously is the case anywhere.

Your right chris

it definately depends on where you live in Ireland i have read somewhere that unemployment is 13% and in areas of the North east and Yorkshire its nearly 10%, whereas in certain areas down south its about 5%, but its not the unemployment thats just the problem, most places and businesses are down sizing and not setting people on, but it won't be like this for ever and the uk employs about 30 million people which is nearly 50% more than the whole of Australias population, so its not all bad, just not great at present if you are out of work.

If anyone is interested this may be of use to those heading out here and dispel the myth that tax rates are much lower in Australia than the UK at present.

Tax Rate Comparison UK-AUS « Britz in Oz for British Expats

The link in the article didn't work for me - I was interested in the detail, for example, whether it accounted for GST (10%) and VAT (17.5% and soon to be 20%), NICs and health insurance etc. etc. Maybe the article only referred to income tax rates?

Cheers.

The link in the article didn't work for me - I was interested in the detail, for example, whether it accounted for GST (10%) and VAT (17.5% and soon to be 20%), NICs and health insurance etc. etc. Maybe the article only referred to income tax rates?

Cheers.

Yes, it is only income tax rates.

Archived