Painter & Decorator's

Guest Helaine

Guest Helaine

we are in the process of starting our visa application, fingers crossed all goes well, can any one tell me what the job situ is on the sunshine coast for Painters & Decorators and what sort of money they can earn.....thanks

Hi Helaine

Don't know about the Sunshine Coast but our agent sent us some details a while ago

and Painters and Decorators were on the top of the list for South Australia!! i.e. Adelaide

Gd luck

Guest Helaine

thanks Kdal

thats just great.....my brother started off in south oz but moved up to queensland better weather he said....so of course thats why i wanted to be near him but we will take a look at the south anyway.....could always go there first and then move up to QL its still regional isnt it !!

thanks Kdal

thats just great.....my brother started off in south oz but moved up to queensland better weather he said....so of course thats why i wanted to be near him but we will take a look at the south anyway.....could always go there first and then move up to QL its still regional isnt it !!

I've been to Adelaide and loved it! Weather good there too but they do have seasons.

If I can find the details of the job I will forward to you by pm if you would like?

Guest traybears

Hi Kdal,my Oh Is Also A Painter And Decorator Too.we Are Heading To Adelaide ,but Are Starting To Get A Bit Worried About How Much He Would Earn.we Will Need A Morgage,also I Will Want To Work P/t,as Have 4 Kids.do You Know What He Could Earn.he Is A Fantastic Painter.thanks,tracy.

Guest Deacon
Thanks Kdal

have sent a pm and sent his cv off watch this space.

Hi Helaine my husband is also a painter and decorator,he done his tra in march only took 28days to come back not bad going,regardind wages out in Aus my Dad lives in NSW and says the average wage is about $1,000 a week .What part of Aus are you hoping to go to.Ali.

Guest Helaine

thanks for that ali.....we were hoping to join my brother and his wife in queensland, but finding out which visa to go for is a flipping nightmare, i have been told that P & D's are in high demand in Adelaide so we are now looking into that, the SA gov emailed someone on poms and asked for any P & D's to email their CV so thats what we have done, hubbie though is not sure about go to SA as the original plan was to go straight to be near my brother !! and they say women cant make up their minds !!:wacko:

Hi

Just to complicate matters more for you..... i put a thread on yesterday regarding P&D's in WA....:

Had a generic email off our agent today stating that WA have added Painter and Decorator to their STNI list.

This basically means they will sponsor Painters and Decorators for permanent visas to go anywhere in WA...

another thing for you to consider!!

min x:wubclub:

Guest Deacon
thanks for that ali.....we were hoping to join my brother and his wife in queensland, but finding out which visa to go for is a flipping nightmare, i have been told that P & D's are in high demand in Adelaide so we are now looking into that, the SA gov emailed someone on poms and asked for any P & D's to email their CV so thats what we have done, hubbie though is not sure about go to SA as the original plan was to go straight to be near my brother !! and they say women cant make up their minds !!:wacko:

Hi Helaine I know what you mean about the men!!it was steve's idea to go to Aus and he's been the one that keeps changing his mind :arghh:.We were being sponsored by my Dad to give us the extra points needed but now acording to our agency we might not need this if we wait and submit visa after the 31st august we can get points from some other source,not sure what they mean yet waiting on a phone call back,just want to get it sent of .When did you start your process,dont know about you its all I think about,we also like you want to be near family but sometimes I think lets just get out there !We have thought about Aderlaide cause we have friends in Happy Valley they have just been here to visit for three months it was great,they said that there is real shortage of p&d there too.

Guest jonseywife

Hi Helaine ........

Try these job search website, do a search on the loation your going to, type in the jobs your after and it should bring up loads of vacancies & give you a good idea on wages too:

Find Jobs & Employment - by Location, Sector and Company @ My Career

Job Search - Australian jobs - Job listing - Find a job - CareerOne

Good luck with it all .................

Sally-ann :spinny:

Guest Helaine

Ladies thankyou for all the info that you have given me....there is so much to take in :err: we were going to go it alone with the visa application but its all so confusing....i think i may just get some other poor bugger to do it for me....mind you i've just started OH's skill ass so maybe that will keep the cost down,anyway the dilema is that i really want to be near my brother who lives in Peregian springs on the sunshine coast BUT its proving to be a nightmare getting there so on the other hand getting in to Oz anywhere must be better than nothing ! hubbie on the other hand keeps throwing a spanner into my well laid plans, i think i will have to sit him down and see exactly where he wants to go then get a migration consultant to sort the rest.....:wacko:

Archived