Moving furniture back to UK

Guest LadyEmma

Guest LadyEmma

Has anyone moved back to the UK from Australia & taken some furniture items with them?

If so, can you tell me who you used or how you did it please.

Many removal companies have quoted me on a 20ft container full (ie: full 3 bed house full), which is way too much space for my needs (even after I listed just what I wanted moved). I only require about a 9 ft square area.

I contacted a self packing company, but they too only use a 20ft container, nothing smaller.

Most removal companies over estimate the space needed & charge for that, as they pack one item in a box, to take up more room, so you have to pay more.

Would love to find an affordable way to bring my few possesions home with me.

Thank you.

Lady Emma

Hi Emma we used Grace to ship back to the uk, Our shipping is due back the 15th of this month! I know what you mean regarding some companies quoting a bigger shipment, we had two that said we would need a 40ft :wacko: We knew better than them as we had a 20ft to bring us over with space to spare, so we knew full well we would only need a 20ft to bring it all back!! They also were happy for us to pack the box's ourselves, as long as we left them open so that they could check the contents! They also do small loads, so well worth a phone call to them, They will send someone round to give you a idea on size and cost!

Hope this helps

Dawn :wubclub:

Thanks Dawn :smile:

Glad to be back home?

Your very welcome!

We are very happy to be back home, Even more so when our shipping gets to us, Due for delivery on the 20th, Kids can't wait to get all their stuff back!

Hope you get on ok with all your plans x

hi emma,

i've just returned to the UK from Sydney and used Chess International Movers.

I sent a fair bit of stuff, I think it worked out to a 1/3rd of a container and they charged $2400 from Sydney house to London house, I packed eveything myself which did save a lot of money.

The guy that I dealt with is called John and his number is 02 9671 8427

cheers,

marney

Hi Emma we used Grace to ship back to the uk, Our shipping is due back the 15th of this month! I know what you mean regarding some companies quoting a bigger shipment, we had two that said we would need a 40ft :wacko: We knew better than them as we had a 20ft to bring us over with space to spare, so we knew full well we would only need a 20ft to bring it all back!! They also were happy for us to pack the box's ourselves, as long as we left them open so that they could check the contents! They also do small loads, so well worth a phone call to them, They will send someone round to give you a idea on size and cost!

Hope this helps

Hello Dawn,

Just wanted to check if you are still happy with Grace removals. We've just got a quote from them for moving back to the UK.

Thanks

Hello Dawn,

Just wanted to check if you are still happy with Grace removals. We've just got a quote from them for moving back to the UK.

Thanks

Hello Chloe,

Yes we are 100% happy with Grace, no problems at all, Shipping came home last thursday courtesy of Doree Bonner! All safe and sound, no missing box's nothing broken! Shipping was on time and in line with what grace had told us! Even D/B Said that Grace had done a good job wrapping it all up lol x

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thebaddeleys

Hope this helps

Hi Dawn,

Do you mind me asking how much it cost for your shipping, we have all our stiff in storage at the moment all packed (supposed to be finding a house/job in Sydney but not looking good) up in boxes and so wondered if we could leave it like that (ie packed by ourselves) how much a 20ft container would be?

Thanks,

Kerry

hello chloe,

yes we are 100% happy with grace, no problems at all, shipping came home last thursday courtesy of doree bonner! All safe and sound, no missing box's nothing broken! Shipping was on time and in line with what grace had told us! Even d/b said that grace had done a good job wrapping it all up lol x

what a waste of money!!!!!!!

Hi Dawn,

Do you mind me asking how much it cost for your shipping, we have all our stiff in storage at the moment all packed (supposed to be finding a house/job in Sydney but not looking good) up in boxes and so wondered if we could leave it like that (ie packed by ourselves) how much a 20ft container would be?

Thanks,

Kerry

Off the top of my head i can't remember, Im sure my o/h will, I will ask him tonight and inbox you the price we paid!

Some of our box's were never opened, but grace were happy to load them, so some were grace containers and other Doree bonner lol :wubclub:

Archived